Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra Straps

Do any of you intelligent lady's have a solution for bra straps that continually fall off your shoulder?

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    There are these shaped bra strap holders that attach to your bra straps ( center of back ) I got some at walmart..

Once I changed my bra style I haven't had many problems with slipping bra straps. Have you been fitted for your bra? JC Penny will do it for free. I tend to have that problem when my bras get old and stretchy. I use the lily of france underwire sports bra, I love it for everyday wear.

Blog Entries
    Other than not wearing one, no!

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! My mom took some of those things that you are supposed to use for matresses (a piece of elastic with a garter hook on each end) and cut them down to size to go across from one strap to the other in the back. Takes a day or 2 to get used to them but......I really love not pulling my straps up all day long!!!!! You can get them in a dollar store or Ollies, etc.

Blog Entries
    I thought about it and I think if a person moved the strap in the back closer to the center of your back it would solve the problem of course that does depend on the style of the bra if you could do it or not.

Go to Macy's or Victoria Secret or another reputable place to get correctly measured for your bra size. A high percentage of women wear the wrong size. Call ahead to make sure there is someone there trained to measure you. Buy one bra there. Then, once you are correctly sized, you can go anywhere for bras.

Keep in mind that Victoria Secret Bra's IMHO tend to run slightly smaller than other brands.

Once I find a bra I love, I buy alot of them; also, before they have gone thru the wash too often and the info on the label fades, write down all the information about the brand (size, style #, brand) so you can reorder, perhaps less expensively, on the internet

Use a lingerie bag to wash and air dry bras so they don't get stretched.

Hope this helps

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Other than not wearing one, no!
    Ahahhaaaaaa.. the men would love that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    There are these shaped bra strap holders that attach to your bra straps ( center of back ) I got some at walmart..
    Did you try them and how did they work for you? I saw them, but you have to buy 6 or 8 of them in a box for $10.00. I don't need that many especially if they don't work good.

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Once I changed my bra style I haven't had many problems with slipping bra straps. Have you been fitted for your bra? JC Penny will do it for free. I tend to have that problem when my bras get old and stretchy. I use the lily of france underwire sports bra, I love it for everyday wear.
    I was fitted at a bra shop and told this style and size was the one for me. I guess I should go back and see if they have a solution for my problem.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast