Bra Straps

Old 08-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Power Poster

Walmart? shoot, i just ordered some from Miles Kimball catalog. should have known.
i broke my left collar bone and it never healed, so there is a lump my strap refuses to stay up on!
Old 08-25-2011, 05:17 PM

I have been fitted, spent small fortunes on bras for this very reason more than once. I have been known to tie a string around the straps and have even used a selvege lol. Son laughed and laughed and said no wonder I grew up to be a redneck lol

I too bought the plastic things, they are a bit difficult to adjust if you aren't real flexable but they work well. I sometimes put them on before I put the bra on and then put the bra over my head like a shirt.

My favorite solution is don't wear a bra at all! I only whar one when I go out in public lol.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM

If you cannot tighten them, sounds like maybe you should try a different style and most definitely be fitted.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:29 PM

this only happens to me when they get stretched out. then I pull out the stitches holding the strap together, cut some of the elastic off and sew back together. doesn't take long at all with the handy seam ripper and sewing machine, just make sure you reattach the strap the right way or you'll go nuts with the twisted strap
Old 08-25-2011, 05:48 PM

I have worn Bali Flower bras for years...in the regular cold wash and tossed into the dryer. Most of the time I wear the prothesis holders, very expensive bras that SS pays for. After 4 or 5 years i know it's time to return to the doctor because they and the Bosom Buddy have to have a legal Dr.s prescription for all, 3 bras included at last visit in 2006. And it was time for a check up, I know that and finally did it last week.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by hopetoquilt
Go to Macy's or Victoria Secret or another reputable place to get correctly measured for your bra size.
I notice the VS bras mostly have the front of the straps out almost under my arms, not in the center of the cup area. All the better for showing off your wares :roll: but not very effective in keeping the straps up. Other than that I like their quality.

piney
Old 08-25-2011, 06:49 PM

I bought the plastic thingies at the dollar store & split them with my dtr.....( I didnt need 3)
I only wear a bra when I go in public.

I have been known to sew a small clear plastic snap that I stitch into select tops/bra straps
Old 08-26-2011, 03:36 AM

An old - fashioned method is to sew ribbons on the inside of your clothing at the shoulders, Put press studs on either end of the ribbons and after you pass them through your bra straps, you fasten them.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM
Power Poster

I think whoever mentioned being fitted correctly is right. It's true that a lot of women don't wear the right size- me included.
Since I got fitted I don't have that annoying problem anymore.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:19 AM

I don't have a problem with falling straps if I buy the padded straps they always stay in place for me. I don't know if its because they are wider at the shoulders or if its the padding that keeps them in place.