Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Bra Straps

Do any of you intelligent lady's have a solution for bra straps that continually fall off your shoulder?

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    There are these shaped bra strap holders that attach to your bra straps ( center of back ) I got some at walmart..

Once I changed my bra style I haven't had many problems with slipping bra straps. Have you been fitted for your bra? JC Penny will do it for free. I tend to have that problem when my bras get old and stretchy. I use the lily of france underwire sports bra, I love it for everyday wear.

Blog Entries
    Other than not wearing one, no!

Yes Yes Yes!!!!! My mom took some of those things that you are supposed to use for matresses (a piece of elastic with a garter hook on each end) and cut them down to size to go across from one strap to the other in the back. Takes a day or 2 to get used to them but......I really love not pulling my straps up all day long!!!!! You can get them in a dollar store or Ollies, etc.

Blog Entries
    I thought about it and I think if a person moved the strap in the back closer to the center of your back it would solve the problem of course that does depend on the style of the bra if you could do it or not.

Go to Macy's or Victoria Secret or another reputable place to get correctly measured for your bra size. A high percentage of women wear the wrong size. Call ahead to make sure there is someone there trained to measure you. Buy one bra there. Then, once you are correctly sized, you can go anywhere for bras.

Keep in mind that Victoria Secret Bra's IMHO tend to run slightly smaller than other brands.

Once I find a bra I love, I buy alot of them; also, before they have gone thru the wash too often and the info on the label fades, write down all the information about the brand (size, style #, brand) so you can reorder, perhaps less expensively, on the internet

Use a lingerie bag to wash and air dry bras so they don't get stretched.

Hope this helps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    Ahahhaaaaaa.. the men would love that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    There are these shaped bra strap holders that attach to your bra straps ( center of back ) I got some at walmart..
    Did you try them and how did they work for you? I saw them, but you have to buy 6 or 8 of them in a box for $10.00. I don't need that many especially if they don't work good.

Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Once I changed my bra style I haven't had many problems with slipping bra straps. Have you been fitted for your bra? JC Penny will do it for free. I tend to have that problem when my bras get old and stretchy. I use the lily of france underwire sports bra, I love it for everyday wear.
    I was fitted at a bra shop and told this style and size was the one for me. I guess I should go back and see if they have a solution for my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by judymay
    Quote Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    I was fitted at a bra shop and told this style and size was the one for me. I guess I should go back and see if they have a solution for my problem.
    Really? Yes, I'd definately go back and tell them what's going on. They didn't do a good job of fitting you if the bra strap is falling down....unless, have you washed it several times in hot water, maybe accidently throw it in the dryer?

My dh helps with the laundry and sometimes will throw mine in the dryer. Until he found out how much they costs. Now we do a bra count when he does the laundry.

Blog Entries
    In a pinch, I've cut an appropriate length of 1/8" ribbon and had my husband tie my straps together in the back. Haven't had this problem since I changed to a bra that hooks in front.

Sue

Blog Entries
    OK, now how in blazes do you reach back there and adjust that thingamagig? Or do you snap yourselves together in the front and twist and turn into the "cups"?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judymay
    Quote Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
    Did you try them and how did they work for you? I saw them, but you have to buy 6 or 8 of them in a box for $10.00. I don't need that many especially if they don't work good.
    i got a box of three- nude, clear, and black for like $5-6 they work great for me.. I like them..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    OK, now how in blazes do you reach back there and adjust that thingamagig? Or do you snap yourselves together in the front and twist and turn into the "cups"?
    Yup :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

or if hubby is around Ill have him slip it on my straps.. or move them down if im wearing a tank top..

I did buy some latex (rubbery material) strap holders from Bali at the Outlet Mall that the bra straps fit into. You put them at the top of the shoulder where the strap is. I used them for a long time until I changed bra styles. The material will remind you of the kind that Halloween masks are made from. Very comfortable.

Blog Entries
    They have these at joins now I believe..they really work the best for me.

I buy bras that have the wider straps and do not have that much promblems with slipping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crqltr
    They have these at joins now I believe..they really work the best for me.
    joAnn's !!

Blog Entries
    Walmart? shoot, i just ordered some from Miles Kimball catalog. should have known.
    i broke my left collar bone and it never healed, so there is a lump my strap refuses to stay up on!

I have been fitted, spent small fortunes on bras for this very reason more than once. I have been known to tie a string around the straps and have even used a selvege lol. Son laughed and laughed and said no wonder I grew up to be a redneck lol

I too bought the plastic things, they are a bit difficult to adjust if you aren't real flexable but they work well. I sometimes put them on before I put the bra on and then put the bra over my head like a shirt.

My favorite solution is don't wear a bra at all! I only whar one when I go out in public lol.

Blog Entries
    If you cannot tighten them, sounds like maybe you should try a different style and most definitely be fitted.

this only happens to me when they get stretched out. then I pull out the stitches holding the strap together, cut some of the elastic off and sew back together. doesn't take long at all with the handy seam ripper and sewing machine, just make sure you reattach the strap the right way or you'll go nuts with the twisted strap

Blog Entries
    I have worn Bali Flower bras for years...in the regular cold wash and tossed into the dryer. Most of the time I wear the prothesis holders, very expensive bras that SS pays for. After 4 or 5 years i know it's time to return to the doctor because they and the Bosom Buddy have to have a legal Dr.s prescription for all, 3 bras included at last visit in 2006. And it was time for a check up, I know that and finally did it last week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast