Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying faded, tattered, and/or torn jeans (at full price in a first-hand store)

Power Poster

Buying faded, tattered, and/or torn jeans (at full price in a first-hand store)

I don't get it.

I think the fading and tears should be 'earned' through long wear!

I totally agree!
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Blog Entries
    I don't get it either. I refuse to buy them. I make a public fuss about it, call the store manager, and make sure everyone sees me walk out without spending any money. That and G-string panties for little girls. THAT made me furious, and everyone in the store heard about THAT too!

I agree, but trends change all the time. They know how to market it!
    Country 1

I totally hate them. if you want the nice new looking fabric, so often the jeans are plain with no styling. I like the styling of the newer Jeans that don't have the holes and fading but it is harder and harder to find. Usually if they have a stylish design they come with holes and fading. And so often the fading and creases are not even natural looking. I'm feeling like I will eventually have to make my own but seriously have no desire to make them. I hate shopping for pants.

there are other people who don't feel the same as you.so,calling the manager and such,just makes you look like a brat.they stock what sells.i don't buy them either by the way.but a public fuss,no!!!!!!!

I just don't buy em!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

In a way, I agree with sherryl1. It is what is selling so making a fuss to the manager does no good, unless you feel better afterwards. They are not going to change. It just raises your blood pressure.
    "Only those who know enough is enough can ever have enough." Lao Tzu

Blog Entries
    I think it's fun clothes for teens and young adults. Anyone over 25 looks silly wearing them for a fashion statement.
    Got fabric?

I remember when I used to volunteer at the middle school where my youngest went. One day I started to wear a pair of jeans that had a tiny hole in them. Nothing embarrassing was showing. The type of work I did was sometimes messy/dirty so I did not want to wear nice clothes - just clean and presentable. My then 13 year old son was scandalized. Mom - you can't wear those jeans to my school! It's too embarrassing! So said the kid wearing jeans that had both knees out and a patch on the seat (the patch done in plaid flannel to look like underwear).

On another note - kids are so lazy these days, they want to have someone else wear the holes into the jeans so they don't have too!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast