Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Buying faded, tattered, and/or torn jeans (at full price in a first-hand store) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/buying-faded-tattered-torn-jeans-full-price-first-hand-store-t224003.html)

bearisgray 06-18-2013 02:11 PM

Buying faded, tattered, and/or torn jeans (at full price in a first-hand store)

I don't get it.

I think the fading and tears should be 'earned' through long wear!

ckcowl 06-18-2013 02:13 PM

I totally agree!

Peckish 06-18-2013 03:57 PM

I don't get it either. I refuse to buy them. I make a public fuss about it, call the store manager, and make sure everyone sees me walk out without spending any money. That and G-string panties for little girls. THAT made me furious, and everyone in the store heard about THAT too!

Country1 06-18-2013 05:51 PM

I agree, but trends change all the time. They know how to market it!

lovecreating 06-19-2013 03:28 AM

I totally hate them. if you want the nice new looking fabric, so often the jeans are plain with no styling. I like the styling of the newer Jeans that don't have the holes and fading but it is harder and harder to find. Usually if they have a stylish design they come with holes and fading. And so often the fading and creases are not even natural looking. I'm feeling like I will eventually have to make my own but seriously have no desire to make them. I hate shopping for pants.

sherryl1 06-19-2013 04:36 AM

there are other people who don't feel the same as you.so,calling the manager and such,just makes you look like a brat.they stock what sells.i don't buy them either by the way.but a public fuss,no!!!!!!!

Latrinka 06-19-2013 05:18 AM

I just don't buy em!

alwayslearning 06-19-2013 05:22 AM

In a way, I agree with sherryl1. It is what is selling so making a fuss to the manager does no good, unless you feel better afterwards. They are not going to change. It just raises your blood pressure.

BellaBoo 06-19-2013 05:33 AM

I think it's fun clothes for teens and young adults. Anyone over 25 looks silly wearing them for a fashion statement.

AlienQuilter 06-19-2013 06:06 AM

I remember when I used to volunteer at the middle school where my youngest went. One day I started to wear a pair of jeans that had a tiny hole in them. Nothing embarrassing was showing. The type of work I did was sometimes messy/dirty so I did not want to wear nice clothes - just clean and presentable. My then 13 year old son was scandalized. Mom - you can't wear those jeans to my school! It's too embarrassing! So said the kid wearing jeans that had both knees out and a patch on the seat (the patch done in plaid flannel to look like underwear).

On another note - kids are so lazy these days, they want to have someone else wear the holes into the jeans so they don't have too!