Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cart charges

Would you believe that the Joann's in our area has carts where you have to put in a quarter in order for you to be able to use their carts? How about in your area?

Blog Entries
    What??????I've never heard of this before. Online shopping sounds better and better all the time:)

Quote Originally Posted by the lion
    Would you believe that the Joann's in our area has carts where you have to put in a quarter in order for you to be able to use their carts? How about in your area?
    I've seen it at the airport but never in a store.

I'm afraid I would have a hard time holding my tongue indicating they didn't want me to spend more than I could carry in one hand and pay with the other.

Pretty dang silly if you ask me. Silly I tell ya.

Blog Entries
    Aldi's grocery has had these carts since their inception. It entices people to take their carts back in the store so they can get their quarter back. Seems fair to me.

Not yet. If they decide to do so, I can and will take my business elsewhere. With things available online as well as in other stores why would they risk alienating customers?
    Crazy!

Oh! Just saw a post about another store where you get your quarter back if you return cart. If that is the case, then I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Blog Entries
    Aldi grocery stores in our area does it but you put a quarter in to get the car and when you take it back you get your quarter back, saves from having lots of grocery carts in the parking lot and won't get door bangs on your vehicles this way

I like that idea for a grocery store

Quote Originally Posted by the lion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose L
    Aldi's grocery has had these carts since their inception. It entices people to take their carts back in the store so they can get their quarter back. Seems fair to me.
    I find it OK as well. It helps keep the costs down.

Aldi's does the quarter for cart, I think, to have their carts put
    back where you got it to save the money they would have to pay employees to keep them in place. You get the quarter back when you return the cart to its original place so it costs the customer nothing.

Around my Joanne's there are more lost carts so it wouldn't bother. Me to save the cost in fabric the carts are pretty expensive to replace

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast