DDM

Old 09-05-2010, 11:50 PM

What is that?? In short its Me to a T!! I have so many Duh moments they actually got named. DDM's = Debbie Duh Moment. Am i blonde? i used to be right out Nice n easy #101 bottle . I cant stake any real claim to being blonde just a TAD ditzy lol.

I will share my most classic DDM to date.. Im hoping this will get many to share, just so we can all use a good laff, especially for those that are down.

So i go on ebay and i buy a laptop. I have never owned or used a laptop. So it gets here im all excited. Im in a voice/videa chat room. I drop in my DVD for the driver for my web cam. Well it wont read the disc. So eventually i return it. The gentleman was nice and returned my money less S&H. Altho he did say " I dont know what could have happened it was working fine".

So i spend another few months finding another and order one. It gets here! Here goes the same DVD in the dvd drive. Well by gosh if it wont read it. I do find out its the same maker of the last one. Im now aggravated. yes different person. diff brand of laptop.

This time i download my web cam driver. I get into my chat room screaming for help from my great online friends. They spend 2 hours searching online and trying to help me.

Then the man i was seeing online says..... " Hun put the cam on your drive and let me see what you are doing". Im like ok no prob. So i hold the cam then drop the disc in the drive and i see all my friends laffing like mad. I ask whats so funny. My man says . " Baby see that little hole in the DVD..... it needs to be SNAPPED down!!!!!

DUH ME,,,,,, I was used to my PC where all you do is drop your DVD in the drive and it runs. LOL then to make it worse, as im laffing at what a ditz i am,,,,, my man says" Baby i love you but the man you returned the 1st laptop to must think your blonde".

OK now that you all had a great laff as im laffing typing this. Please share your latest DDM.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for this story. I really needed to laugh tonight.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
Thank you for this story. I really needed to laugh tonight.
Thats why i wrote it hun!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:25 AM
Power Poster

I thought you were going to say it was a blank dvd!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Yeah, that's a good one. Thanks, Debbie lol :D
Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM

Not my DDM, but I called because the receptionist could not get her moniter to work. All i had to do was turn it on LOL does help
Old 09-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Okay, my dumb????? what little thingy needs to be snapped down? I've not used any DVD's in my computer, just my CD's, so want to be prepared!!LOL
Old 09-06-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by clem55
Okay, my dumb????? what little thingy needs to be snapped down? I've not used any DVD's in my computer, just my CD's, so want to be prepared!!LOL
Laptops, all in one pc's & the mini desktop machines use an ultra slim cd/dvd drive. You have to snap the cd or dvd down onto the spindle almost like when you take it out of or put it into it's case.

I'm surprised that the drive actually closed without the cd/dvd being snapped down properly.

I have too many "duh" moments to list. I often find silverware in the freezer or refrigerator, and I'm always looking for my glasses when they are sitting on top of my head.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:31 PM

LOL, thanks!
Old 09-06-2010, 05:47 PM

Ok I will admit that I used to work the early shift at work and I went to lock my computer (cntrl, ALT Del) I panicked spent 2 minutes looking for my keys. Until I realized it was the computer. (little background I have been known to lock my keys in my car) Yes I did do this! One of my finer moments!