Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dr. Oz program on new Alzheimer's discoveries! >

Dr. Oz program on new Alzheimer's discoveries!

Dr. Oz program on new Alzheimer's discoveries!

Old 04-07-2011, 02:43 PM

Today on the Dr. Oz program he had a Dr. from Rhode Island who has made a major breakthrough on Alzheimer research - extremely interesting - thought I'd post the link for those of you who might be interested http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/alzhe...17=billboard_1
Old 04-07-2011, 03:09 PM

Daisy, thank you for this post. A friend called to let me know that she saw the show but I didn’t know I could watch it on-line. I took care of my Dad who had Alzheimer’s, he passed away in 07.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:52 PM

Thank you. I'm away on business right now, but will bookmark this so I have more time to look at it later. My husband is in the very early stage of Alzheimer's - quite scary.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 PM

my grandmother died of this horrible disease in '98 and if this will help anyone to preempt coming down with it then that's great - it sounds very promising for new AZ research - let's pray that they are on the right track
Old 04-07-2011, 08:54 PM

It also suggests eating a lot of more natural foods.

But HEMP NUTS? I've never heard of them, but have for years heard of Hemp, which translates to our old friend Marijuana, which is not legal. But this form of it sounds interesting, and I checked it out on the Internet. This is sold in health food stores and lots of other places. It has only a very tiny amount of the bad stuff in this form of Cannabis.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:57 AM

Many thanks for this link. My mother had Alzheimers and passed away in late 2003. I pray someone finds a cure for this horrible disease.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:59 AM

For anyone who is living with Alzheimer’s today here is a link the Alzheiemer’s Association’s website http://www.alz.org/index.asp My Dad was diagnosed in 03 and as I mentioned above passed in 07. The Alzheimer’s Association played an integral role in our lives and dramatically improved the quality of my Dad’s life and mine. Please know that you are not alone and that there is help available.

They have a 24/7 toll free number (available in 151 languages and dialects) 800-272-3900.

The year Dad was diagnosed I walked in the Alzheimer’s Associations Memory Walk and have ever since. I’ve made 2 raffle quilts and a cookbook to benefit the Alzheimer’s Association. The cookbook had favorite recipes of friends, many of whom were living with Alzheimer’s. I included pics of my Dad and others who donated recipes with their loved one who has or had Alzheimer's. This also helped me to take the negative feelings I had about my sweet Dad having Alzheimer’s and turn it into something more positive. I'm going to make another quilt to benefit the Alzheimer's Association but have to finish a couple projects first. Wish I was a faster quilter.

Sorry so long but this is a cause close to my heart.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:05 AM

Thank you for posting that.
I watched his show yesterday about this and was fascinated.
Now, with your link, I can send it to my family and friends.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:44 AM

Thank you. I usually watch his show but missed this one. Now, of course, to get DH to understand how important this is. He was diagnosed 2 yrs ago and is getting much worse.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:54 AM

Thank-you for sharing this...my dad has Alzheimer's...and I want to do anything I can to not get it myself...very interesting information...and I will really start watching what I eat.