Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: feeling guilty!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Now you can say "HOney, look what I bought for you " and he will have to recipricate.LOL

Blog Entries
    My chairs are adjustable, and I bought my mats many years ago from Costco. They had the best price. Guess how I found out that you can break the rollers by not using a mat?

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    My chairs are adjustable, and I bought my mats many years ago from Costco. They had the best price. Guess how I found out that you can break the rollers by not using a mat?
    We must be twins! LOL

Well, I offered the chair to DH and he didn't want it. So I made him carry it upstairs and put in my office for me and now I'm sitting on it as we speak. Very comfy. I'm happy.

I will have to get the correct mats tho. I just wasn't thinking straight buying those runners. Was trying to save money and ended up wasting it!

But I did get a great chair for only $11.25!! Can't beat that!

Good for you and yes you need a mat designed for an office chair with wheels, they do last a long time.

You might also want to check whether the chairmat you get has a lifetime warranty...some do, others don't. And be sure you match the pile depth of your carpet to the chairmat. If you get one for low pile carpet and your carpet has the deeper pile, the chairmat will crack fairly quickly (as one of the local law offices discovered when they bought the cheapest mat and it didn't work well for them - and they didn't get the one with a warranty either the first time).

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6
    You might also want to check whether the chairmat you get has a lifetime warranty...some do, others don't. And be sure you match the pile depth of your carpet to the chairmat. If you get one for low pile carpet and your carpet has the deeper pile, the chairmat will crack fairly quickly (as one of the local law offices discovered when they bought the cheapest mat and it didn't work well for them - and they didn't get the one with a warranty either the first time).
    good to know. Thanks! :thumbup:

Some cities have stores that sell used office furniture, you can get those heavy mats really cheap and they have tons of chairs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    go to one of the office supply stores and buy yourself the plastic mats that goes under chairs, they are so cool and you will love them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2