Feeling very guilty!!

Old 07-07-2010, 06:36 AM

Although i love the warm weather that summer usually brings, this is RIDICULOUS!!! It has been so hot here up north that i can't even cut fabric! I so hoped to spend the long week-end cutting and sewing...i have not even looked at my machine!!!
We have spent the last 5 days in the pool trying to keep all the grandkids cooled off. But even that isn't working. Although they love the pool, the water temp is now up to 88 degrees! Most summers here average aroung 80-85 not 90-95
We are one of those people that DON'T have airconditioning so our fans are running 24/7 This is even the first time on the message board in days because it was too hot to sit still. Hopefully by this week-end we will get a break and i will be able to sew. I guess i'm a true addict HaHa Okay that's all the complaining i'm going to do. Time to get back in the pool.
Thanks for letting me VENT!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 AM

I know your guilt. I now have a "summer" sewing area in the basement where it is much cooler. I love it!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:45 AM

We had the same weather in FL. for three weeks and now all we have is RAIN!!!! Hopefully it will start to cool down soon. I'd be getting some kind of airconditioning soon,lol, can you tell I'm spoiled!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:47 AM

Is so hot here that even my sewing area in the basement is hot. But that is not stopping me. I have a fan on straight on me and while I rest from packing I sew. If I stop and think about it, I would just cry.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

I would rather have air conditioning than food!!!!!!!!
I'm also from upstate NY and a lot of the homes in the area I grew up weren't and still aren't air conditioned. I keep telling my Mom to be sure to drink enough!! My brother put a window unit in against her wishes but now she loves it. We know her better than she thinks sometimes LOL :D
Old 07-07-2010, 06:56 AM

Here in PA it is the same! 98 yesterday!
not used to all this heat!
But we $^&*# when we had 6 ft of snow this winter so God is laughing!
yesterday hubby's work crew including my 17yr old were working on finishing a foundation(putting in the floor support beams) well its on a hillside and they are walking up planks 20ft in the air!
my son passed out from the heat and when hubby ran down the plank to check on him he fell to the gravel below!
both came home in a mood and sore all over!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM

So sorry that you don't have air conditioning!! Don't know how I'd exist without mine....here's hoping for cooler weather in your area SOON!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by mlaceruby
Here in PA it is the same! 98 yesterday!
not used to all this heat!
But we $^&*# when we had 6 ft of snow this winter so God is laughing!
yesterday hubby's work crew including my 17yr old were working on finishing a foundation(putting in the floor support beams) well its on a hillside and they are walking up planks 20ft in the air!
my son passed out from the heat and when hubby ran down the plank to check on him he fell to the gravel below!
both came home in a mood and sore all over!
New England broke some heat records yesterday. Mercifully, the A/C is working in my office building which is not usually the case. My boyfriend, who works outside a lot, was called back into the office (along with all the other workers) due to the heat; they were afraid people were going to get hurt. Given what happened to your son, it was a good call. Hope all is well with son and husband -- I don't know how construction workers (or firemen, or ...) manage in such heat!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

It is so hot here not even the bugs are moving :shock: Unbelievable , but they say soon it will break up :thumbup: A girl has to have her dreams :wink: LOL
Old 07-07-2010, 07:06 AM

I hope you get cooler weather soon. I like to take short breaks from quilting. Crochet a little, read a few books, just find something else to do.

The reason: It keeps me feeling fresh. I always come back with a vengence with new ideas and creativity. When I start to feel stale or "gee, really I have to do that again", I take a break.

Just let your mind go and see what happens when you get back. :)