Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Forgot I'm not young!

I guess I was living in some alternate reality that in my 30s I'm still a teenager & invincible. A little ice hockey at the pond yesterday was lots of fun until I fell on my face & realized adults don't bounce like little kids do :lol: First time in my life I hit the ice...oh my. Numerous bruises, really sore neck & shoulder, right before Christmas when I have so much to do. I was up all night, guess it's time to find the advil. I'm thankful I didn't fall on my back, I had an injury almost 2 yrs ago & had spinal surgery for that. Hurt though, body & pride, lol.

Holy Cow, yes you could have done some BIG damage. But you did have fun, right?? Sometimes it's worth it. Play safe. Maybe helmet?

Senior Member twospoiledhuskies's Avatar
    Well, I'm glad it was only the first time you fell-I fall everything I'm on skates!!! Sure am glad you only good bruises and sore muscles.

Blog Entries
    When the child comes out in us, we do forget easily our age. I guess because our hearts are still young. No matter what age.

I'm glad you didn't get hurt badly.

Good for you!!! You are a baby at being in your 30's. I am almost 60 and my DH is planning on retiring in the Spring. We made our "bucket list" and includedon that list is for me to learn how to ride a bike. (never had one as a child, so never learned)skydive and scyba dive. Age is just a number...it just takes a little longer to bounce back from "injuries".

Glad you had fun, could have been really bad. Glad there were no broken bones.

Glad youre okay!

Glad you felt like a child again, if only for a while! It is the child within us that can give us much joy!

Of course, you are younger than my oldest and next to oldest child ;-) so you are young to me!

I am glad that you didn't re injure your prior back injury and didn't get a concussion or broken bones. I do know that it can take 24-48 hours for the full impact of the soreness to hit (can take that long for the swelling and inflammation to set in), so the Advil sounds like a good idea as it might head off some of the after effects of your time on the ice. Take care and have a great day!

Bless yer heart!

SVS you weren't hurt severely. Been there, done that when I crashed my bike into a fence. Luckily, the fence obstructed the real source of injury....blackberry bushes!!! And boy, do I ever know the embarrassment of hurt pride!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast