Forgot I'm not young!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:57 AM

I was 35, during haying season.
We had just finished offloading a truck of 75+ pound bales. I was up on the stack about 12 feet off the bed of the truck.
Decided to jump down, rather than find another route.
When my feet hit the bed, it started at my toes and went to the top of my head.
I felt like one of those cartoon figures that are all wobbly, like Jello, all over my body.
It was at the moment that I realized -- I am NOT 18 years old, any more!
Talk about a rude awakening! LOL
Forward 20+ years, and I am trying to bottle feed a calf. She doesn't want to eat, and I won't let go of her, the bottle, OR her jaw. She throws herself backwards, I hold my ground (sort of) and do not let go - - until I found out that I couldn't stand up!
Hubby INSISTS that I go to his chiropractor because I can't walk, I can't stand, I can't move if I am not upright. I can't get out of a chair by myself, and I cannot do anything! Two days later, I get to the chiropractor, he starts working on my back and says: You are too old to be doing this sort of stuff!
Yeah? well, how was I supposed to know that???? I mean, where is it written that now one stops doing what one has done most of her life??? LOL
Sorry for your pain, go to the chiropractor ... give your poor back a chance <wave>
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 AM

Yip -- and it gets worse the older you get. Yes, time for Advil and stay on it for a coupla days --- regularly -- that way you stay ahead of the pain. AND get some epsom salts and soak in a tub.....it will help a lot -- I know.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 AM

and, don't forget ice pack. Heat feels nice, but causes the blood to flood to the injured area, so that the nerves are more pressured than before. Ice packet for 20 minutes and Aleve - - plus that epsom salts soak - - all sounds good to me <wave>