Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: How I clean up after a big dinner.

Blog Entries
    A new friend of my DD's came with her family to my house yesterday with my DD for a cookout. We had 12 people. I always use disposables whenever I can when I cook. Everything on the table was disposable, tablecloth, serving dishes, utensils, glasses, napkins. Condiments were on a tray. When we finished eating the young mom said what a mess we made, she told her kids and DH to start helping clearing the table. My DD said No watch my mom. I picked up the corner of the tablecloth and gathered everything up in a big heap. I handed it to DH to take to the trash can outside, wiped the table top and put my table runner on the table. It took about 2 min. Clean up done. DH uses disposble grilling pans and racks. I have to clean pots and skillets though. 8-) I will not cook a big meal and then have to spend time cleaning up after it. That to me is the biggest waste of time ever. :-D

Blog Entries
    My hero! More time for quilting!

LOL....is there any other way ??

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Good going!

Blog Entries
    good plan, that was nice

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    A new friend of my DD's came with her family to my house yesterday with my DD for a cookout. We had 12 people. I always use disposables whenever I can when I cook. Everything on the table was disposable, tablecloth, serving dishes, utensils, glasses, napkins. Condiments were on a tray. When we finished eating the young mom said what a mess we made, she told her kids and DH to start helping clearing the table. My DD said No watch my mom. I picked up the corner of the tablecloth and gathered everything up in a big heap. I handed it to DH to take to the trash can outside, wiped the table top and put my table runner on the table. It took about 2 min. Clean up done. DH uses disposble grilling pans and racks. I have to clean pots and skillets though. 8-) I will not cook a big meal and then have to spend time cleaning up after it. That to me is the biggest waste of time ever. :-D

I am too tight to throw everything away the guilts would get me.

Blog Entries
    Bella, I think like you and react like Darlene! But Darlene, I am getting much better at throwing away, and it "ain't "bad. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darlene
    I am too tight to throw everything away the guilts would get me.
    What would I do with dirty disposables? :lol: By not using the dishwasher every day I figure it evens out. And my stress level is worth keeping low. There are some nice fancy ones for special occasions, looks like china and stainless flatware. After watching Hoarders on tv I have no guilt at all by throwing anything away! :D :D :D :D :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    That's the way to do it :!: :lol: Two years ago I decided to give my girls (DD & DIL's) a gift for Christmas...no dishes to wash. Years ago I had purchased a set of Christmas china at a price to good to pass up, but as the years have gone on it has become a pain to wash them and put them away. And my girls always do the cleanup for me. Then instead of unpacking all those dishes, I went shopping for paper plates & plastic cups. The girls were thrilled when I announced they wouldn't have to go through the china bit. Now even the "boys" help cleanup. :roll: :lol:

I would love to have seen the guests' faces. Very cool!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast