Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How the Japanese people are handling the disaster >

How the Japanese people are handling the disaster

How the Japanese people are handling the disaster

Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM

This video gives a snapshot of the disaster and how the Japanese people are handling this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_q9...el_video_title
Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 PM

My heart has goes out to this country...my daughter in law's parents in family live in Toyko..it took days for her to find them..and now another disaster the other day...I keep her parents and family in the country in my prayers every day..
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nanda
My heart has goes out to this country...my daughter in law's parents in family live in Toyko..it took days for her to find them..and now another disaster the other day...I keep her parents and family in the country in my prayers every day..
My prayers include all but I will make a special point of mentioning your extended family. All will be well, but it will take a lot of time, patience, sacrificing and helping.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:44 PM

I too have family there. It is nerve wracking at times! I grew up there and remember what it looked like. Breaks my heart!!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:43 PM

it is just so sad all these earthquakes everywhere. Some scientists are saying we might be next according to the ring of fire that goes around the Pacific for earthquakes. Not something I could deal with I don't think since I am a panicky person
Old 03-29-2011, 04:43 AM

I just heard the people in Toyko have no drinking or washing water as it is. Has too high radiation.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:18 PM

Well, I live in Tokyo and that's completely untrue! They test the water here everyday and they found slightly higher radioactive iodine levels-so they suggested not to use tap water for baby formula. As far as washing and non-infant drinking water, there is no problem. Please try not to exaggerate what's going on here unless you see it for yourself! It just makes everything worse for those of us here that are trying to get on with our lives!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gaijin
Well, I live in Tokyo and that's completely untrue! They test the water here everyday and they found slightly higher radioactive iodine levels-so they suggested not to use tap water for baby formula. As far as washing and non-infant drinking water, there is no problem. Please try not to exaggerate what's going on here unless you see it for yourself! It just makes everything worse for those of us here that are trying to get on with our lives!
Thank you for posting you first hand experiences and the reminder to not exaggerate or even forward items that come to us without verifying it! The comment about the lack of water to homes was reported in the news today and I can't say which town they were refering to, and this just goes to prove that the media is resposible for the spread of false information possibly due to the rush to get the "story on the air".

On the positive note, I was told by a postal clerk that there is a call out in the Portland area for 1000 quilts to Japan. I wish I knew more, but maybe other posters from the Portland area can help with more information. QFK's is currently working on arrangements to have they're quilts hand delivered to children in Japan. Just think of how many we could send over there if even half of use made one! :thumbup:
Old 03-29-2011, 11:57 PM

Very touching. We all have much to learn from these gentle souls. God bless them all.