Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I don't know what to do HELP!!!!

Blog Entries
    I am going to look at a Singer 301 and now the lady told me I could get a singer 401 both are $100.00 Now I am not sure with one to get!!!

I have both and would take both if $ was not a problem. The Singer 301 (vertical bobbin like FW) is my go to machine. 401(horizontal bobbin) has tons of decorative stitches but is sometimes gunked up so be ready to work on it. This also depends on what you want this machine for. Piecing and fmq---301. The 401 is a tank, I do walking foot quilting with mine, big quilts. Have fun, whatever you choose.

Boy that is a problem!! I just got a 403A and every time I see or hear about them 'its' WoW this or WoW that!!! the 403A have a small flip up lid on top that you put ' black cams' inside, the cams make it do other stiches. I don't know what a 301 or 401 looks like or the diffrence between the two machines but they may use 'black cams' too! If so I got more cams on ebay. good luck wish I was more help! 8-)

If you have the budget for it, buy both. I would.

ME again! try and see if you can GET both machines!! for say $150 then go up to $175 if you can spend the $$$ after what 'pebbles' said mite be good to have both!!

Quote Originally Posted by pebbles
    I have both and would take both if $ was not a problem. The Singer 301 (vertical bobbin like FW) is my go to machine. 401(horizontal bobbin) has tons of decorative stitches but is sometimes gunked up so be ready to work on it. This also depends on what you want this machine for. Piecing and fmq---301. The 401 is a tank, I do walking foot quilting with mine, big quilts. Have fun, whatever you choose.
    HI, 'pebbles' ? the 401 does it do the stiches with 'cams' I have a 403a it uses cams.
    8-)

If money allows I would take both.

Blog Entries
    Let us know what u get!

Blog Entries
    Well I broke down and got both, hubby did not say a word. Now I can not spend for another 6 months. Have not bougth any fabric in the last 6 months. So it is going to be hard
    :x

Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    Quote Originally Posted by pebbles
    HI, 'pebbles' ? the 401 does it do the stiches with 'cams' I have a 403a it uses cams.
    8-)
    THe 401 has built in Cams.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast