Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: I live in a BUSY neighborhood!

Quote Originally Posted by jude by the sea View Post
    Where do you live? I love your wildlife....oh I don't have any cardinals in my area. Your so lucky. We have eagles etc. but no cardinals. We live in cental california. Enjoy your animals!
    Oh, I forgot about us having cardinals, too. And I don't know how I did that either. We have a large screened in porch that we leave the door open on (so Leo can just come & go & we don't have to go open the outside door for him every time we let him out). Sometimes birds get "confused" & fly onto the porch. Most of them are easy to catch & pretty docile but cardinals? Number 1, I had no idea they were so big (compared to other birdds I have to grab on the porch) & number 2, they are MAD & not very nice about being caught (not as bad as woodpeckers, but still). So, yeah... we have cardinals, too. And fabulous blue jays. And moles. How could I forget moles? My yard is vibrating with them! Yankee used to chase them in their tunnels. It was too funny!

Last night I looked out to see if Leo was ready to come in & saw a wood chuck wandering around (outside the fence, thank goodness! Leo is "curious" & that could be ugly).
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Oh how sweet, what a great outdooor picture, i would love that seen, i spent some of my growing up years on a farm, so i have seen a lot of critters, sure do miss that life
    Mary

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    hmmm..lets see .. Humming birds (when they decide to come around).. butterflies, a few deer, some pesky ants who refuse to go away !LOL
    But over the memorial weekend- we did see wild turkeys, mule deer and of course the forest fires that were going on 10 miles from where we were camping in one direction and 25 miles in the other direction. A beautiful yellow finch like bird, some eagles, some swallows, martins.... Oh yeah and a few bats at night !
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

We've had skunks. We get hawks and an occasional eagle.
    My mom lives in Denver and a mountain lion, about 3 or 4 years ago, got fairly close to downtown Denver. The route they figure it took was within 4 blocks of her house. I have seen foxes go down her street at night.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6