Induction cooktop

Old 06-16-2011, 05:17 AM

I just got the Bosch induction cooktop and love cooking with it. Has anyone made the switch to induction? One thing I was sad about was that my old cookware would not work with induction. I have used Farberware for 30+ years and hated to let it go, probably for sentimental reasons and habit, my hand just went to the right pan for whatever I was cooking. Now I need new cookware and would like suggestions that is induction ready, magnetic bottoms. My mom gave me a set of cookware that was a gift for a Rainbow vacuum party, waterless, but it makes noise because the bottoms are not flat. An old technology works best with this new technology, cast iron, my mom also gave me a set of enameled cast iron. It is from Denmark, Michael Lax for Copco. I really like it and the emanel is relatively non-stick. So, I have the set of waterless that gets hot but makes lots of noise and the cast iron. Any suggestions?

Just an tidbit after reading in the cookware search. My mom also gave me a copper clad chicken fryer from Revere. It is stamped with Made in California. It was a wedding gift when my parents married in 1953. By the way copperclad does not work on induction, I'm keeping the pan for cooking outside when we loose electricity.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:34 AM

That is so neat to get the new technology for cooking. Do they still make those glass pots? I wonder if those would work?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by sweet
That is so neat to get the new technology for cooking. Do they still make those glass pots? I wonder if those would work?
No, glass will not work. Cookware has to be magnetic to work on induction. I carry a magnet in my pocket all the time looking for anything that will work. I did find two Le Creuset pots at Goodwill. They had some chips around the pour spouts but that won't affect the use.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:45 AM

Le Creuset is really nice, but very expensive new. That's quite a find!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 AM

Oops! Sorry! Double post!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:32 AM

I just made the switch and had to buy pots, I went with stainless steel, my old pots were stainless but had copper bottoms, which won't work. I am not sure I am loving induction yet but I think I will get used to it
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM
Power Poster

I have a small one that sits on my worktop, next to my main cooker. If you check on the QVC shopping channel, most of their cookware works on induction. The obviously do lovely sets of these, but it is possible to buy just one, or perhaps a milk pan and fry pan as a two piece set.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:50 AM

Go to a Resteraunt Supply , they have very best cookware for induction cooking. Induction cooking is used alot in buffet or display cooking . Do negotate your price especially if you are buying more than one piece.
The quality of professional cookware will last forever!! And remember that any warping will be an issue for the lifespan of your cookware.