Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Has Anyone Bought and Used the NuWave Induction Cooktop?

Has Anyone Bought and Used the NuWave Induction Cooktop?

I've been curious if they work well and if they are worth the expense. They are induction cooktop burners. I've seen some infomercials that make them look fun. I won't post a link here because there is too much marketing on there.

Also, the buy one get one offer is a joke, by the time you pay shipping/handling for all the "free" stuff it costs a lot!

I wanted one to keep the kitchen cool and save the effort of cleaning up my gas range. The dumb thing has gray porcelain burners that never look nice! Even when cleaned spot-less they have dark chipped spots. Replacement grates (black) are $100 a piece!
    :-)
    CAS

Blog Entries
    Yes I have and i have 2 of them. I love them. I didn't get all the free stuff-just the cook tops. I use them all the time and i also make candles which controls the source of heat that i need. Yes you will love them.

Blog Entries
    Check the reviews on Amazon; lots of good info there. The biggest complaint I have seen is that the induction part of the burner is smaller than the burner, so only the center area of your pan is being heated even if the pan covers the entire burner. Also, you need to use the correct type of pan. Other than that, I think one would be great for the purposes you cite!

Blog Entries
    The correct type of pan is magnetic. so if you have a magnet, test it on the bottoms of ur pans and kettles. If it sticks, then its magnetic and will work on the burners.. Dont need to buy all that extra stuff if ur pots n pans are already magnetic. I even use my cast iron cookware on it and its great.

Blog Entries
    I have a glass top stove with 3 guys who all cook. sometimes guys are not as safe or clean as a woman does, so stains often remain. Im tired of cleaning old stains left on my stove, so i bought these and problem solved. Now i can quilt even more and less time in the kitchen. lol

Thanks for all the great information!
    CAS

I bought something similar made by Highlander brand. It cost me $40 total and has been a good purchase. As said before, carry a magnet with you. If it sticks to the bottom of the pot it is OK to use on the cooker.

My kitchen range has the same black chipped spots. You are right, replacement costs are so high I'd be better off buying a new stove but I hate to discard a working appliance!

I have one and gave the second one to my daughter. I agree with everything said above. Use mine all of the time and absolutely love it. I think it was a good buy!
    Jocar1018

Thanks for the idea. I found this, is it similar to yours?
    http://www.oo.com.au/1800W-Highlande...du_P132055.cfm
    Does it boil water really fast?
    Another thing that annoys me about my gas range is the grates are so far from the flame -- a lot of wasted heat and it takes forever to heat up stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    I bought something similar made by Highlander brand. It cost me $40 total and has been a good purchase. As said before, carry a magnet with you. If it sticks to the bottom of the pot it is OK to use on the cooker.
    CAS

I agree. It's the reason I've put off redecorating and buying new appliances. Our builder chose the cheapest Whirlpool appliances he could find. I've had repairs on all three! I have no respect for that brand any more.

Did you find your oven door handle and vent permanently scorched and brown after using the self-clean option too?

I'm waiting for my great LG fridge to stop working, then I'll get a new set.

Quote Originally Posted by alleyoop1 View Post
    My kitchen range has the same black chipped spots. You are right, replacement costs are so high I'd be better off buying a new stove but I hate to discard a working appliance!
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Thanks for the idea. I found this, is it similar to yours?
    Does it boil water really fast?
    Another thing that annoys me about my gas range is the grates are so far from the flame -- a lot of wasted heat and it takes forever to heat up stuff.
    That is exactly the one that I have. It was selling for $39.95 on the day that my friend's husband brought it to my attention and bought it on my behalf. I'm pleased to have it as my flat does not have a stove or cook top.

This is news to me......I went to website of highlander...this is an electric one burner unit? So you can only do one
    Pot at a time...I really don't see the practicality of it, but I must be missing the point......

I looked into the Nuwave, too...and was appalled by the shipping fees..so I went on Ebay and bought an Aroma brand induction cooktop...I love it! I bought it mainly because I freeze and can a lot..so I thought this would save me time, and it does..Can't rave enough about it!

I bought them but have never tried them--it seems to be a bad thing I do.
    If you wouldn't write it and sign it, don't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rann View Post
    Why does it seem to be a bad thing to do?

In this picture it looks like it has a weird plug-in?

Quote Originally Posted by jitkaau View Post
    That is exactly the one that I have. It was selling for $39.95 on the day that my friend's husband brought it to my attention and bought it on my behalf. I'm pleased to have it as my flat does not have a stove or cook top.
    CAS

Maybe you want to sell them to me for a great price??

Quote Originally Posted by Rann View Post
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    In this picture it looks like it has a weird plug-in?
    You're right! I don't think you use that plug in the USA. I would think they sell them all over, so would have to have lots of different plugs and wattages on them. I saw one being used in a cookware demo, but she wasn't selling the cook-top so didn't talk much about it.
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher