Induction Ranges

Old 09-28-2011, 08:37 AM

Anyone here cook on an Induction Range?
IF SO do you like it and is there problems with them?
My son is trying to talk me into buying one. We ordered just a one single burner job to test it out....So far I like it and it is not anywhere near as powerful as the full range tops........thanks Rita
Old 09-28-2011, 09:05 AM

We just looked at one last weekend at Lowe's! They look like a fabulous idea, but there was only one model in stock and it was pretty expensive. Before you get one, put a magnet to the bottoms of all your pots, make sure they'll work. Otherwise you'll be buying new pots & pans.

You can find a wealth of information about them here:
http://theinductionsite.com/
Old 09-28-2011, 10:06 AM

Oh I already know I have to buy new pans *LOL*
I have a couple that will work and one came with
the burner it was revere stainles steel.....
Old 09-28-2011, 11:48 AM

I have the 30" Bosch cooktop. http://www.us-appliance.com/nibo30fuin4b.html I love, love, love it! My only regret is not getting the 36". I replaced a Jenn-Air 30" downdraft that was about 20 years old. I did have to replace almost all my cookware. I have found that cast iron is one of the best materials to work with induction. Old technology meets new technology. I also bought a portable induction hob to try out the technology before committing to the cooktop. The portable is not as powerful as the full size cooktop and it is louder. You have to listen to hear the Bosch fan come on. It is very easy to clean. You do have to try out cookware to see not only what works, carry a magnet with you when you shop, but what will be noisy. My mom gave me some waterless cookware that is very nice, shiny, pretty and magnetic but I can't stand the sound of vibration it makes. If I can give you any more information just PM me.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

My son has an Electrolux induction range and he loves it. All his pots but one work on it, and I got the one that doesn't.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Power Poster

I've seen the single burner ones. I have a smooth top and have a love/hate thing for it so I'm not sure about changing to another type of that.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Location: other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia

We have just recently upgraded to a Smeg induction cook top and we love it! We had gas previously for years and we loved that and we were hesitant to switch.
Do shop around though as I think you get what you pay for and some are more powerful than others.
Some of my favourite features..Water boils so quickly and we dont even have it on the boost setting also such even cooking as it heats the entire surface of the pan.
You can also set ours easily to come to the boil and then it goes down to a simmer or slow boil whatever you choose. If it accidentally boils over it turns off.
Another good feature is it goes off if you accidentally leave it on and even straight after cooking the surface is touchable. If you are cooking food that spatters you can put papertowel under the pan (thats what the lady demonstrating it did.)
So easy to clean..can you tell I love it! :lol: