Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindles

I bought DH a kindle in the spring and he has over 50 books on it. He is an avid reader. The only down side is our library does not support kindle books.

I have a sony ereader and an ipad. Love them both. Can get all the best sellers from the Library.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuusistoquilter
    I bought DH a kindle in the spring and he has over 50 books on it. He is an avid reader. The only down side is our library does not support kindle books.
    If your library uses an EPUB book format, you can download a free software program called Calibre that will convert them to a format Kindle can read.

I work in a library and our service does not support Kindle either, but several of our patrons use Kindles by converting with the free software. Apparently, it is an easy process.

I've got a kindle. It goes where I go. I also have the app on each of my computers and phone. I read so much more now than I ever did.

For Kindle books less than five dollars: http://dailycheapreads.com/

For Nook and Kindle Owners:
    http://blog.booksontheknob.org/

A lot are indy authors, but I've picked up a lot of really good books for free or almost free. My only complaint is that some of the free books are part of a series. I love the book then I have to buy the series. I have so many books now that I'm pretty selective on which books I download.

I have the nook color and love it. My mom has a nook and we cant keep her off of it.

Kindle here and love it :-)

Blog Entries
    I have had my kindle about a year now and I love it - it's brilliant for one handed reading, and superbly easy to read in bright sunlight, unlike my notebook which is useless at that. It goes with me to every Dr/hosp. appt. and anywhere I might have to sit around and wait.

When I am tired, I let it read to me, though it sometimes says a strange word as it's reading phonetically, or with unfamiliar emphasis on a particular syllable - makes me giggle.

I have just downloaded 900 free books my SIL found for me, so that will keep me out of mischief for a while. When I have read a book, I archive it back to Amazon (they are still mine to read as many times as I want, just using their memory, not mine)

I still like books, but most of mine are non fiction, i.e. craft books, and I don't think a kindle is really good for that because of the diagrams & Pics.

I have a Kindle and love it. Don't know what I'd do without it now. I carry it in my purse so anytime I have some time I can pull it out and read. I have many of the free classics downloaded. The other thing I have downloaded is the Bible so I can take it to church or bible study. I can't say enough about it. I love it!

Kindle. Very happy with it.

I have a Kindle with a lighted case. Love it. Use it every day.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast