Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindles

Nook Color and love it! I chose Nook over Kindle because I read a lot and download the majority of my books from the library. If you live in MA, you can get a free Boston Public Library card and dowload books from them - the selection is incredible and I read pretty much everything I want.

My fiance has both and likes the Nook Color much better - he says it's easier on his eyes. We bought my dad one for a combo birthday and Father's Day and he is beyond thrilled. He said it was the best gift ever!

I have a Kobo and love it. I am in Canada.

Blog Entries
    I started with a Nook because my eye Dr. recommended it for my eyes over books because of it's clarity. From there I went to the iPad and it has become a part of me. I now have over 220 quilt patterns on it. Several quilt mags, all of my contacts, etc. Many of the quilting pictures for reference. Recipes, my schedule, I am now adding the large pcs of my stash. I have a design program OMG I love this iPad. I even Skype from it.

I have Kindle DX and love it. I like the bigger size, easy for these old eyes to read in bed. I also adjust the print size.

Blog Entries
    I have a Nook color and really luv it!!!!!

My husband gave me a Kindle this past Christmas and I love it! I take it everywhere. I've downloaded lots and lots of books for free or very lost cost at Amazon.com and don't think I've paid over $2-$3 for one yet. I also downloaded a couple of games for times when I just don't feel like reading. Love my Kindle!

Blog Entries
    I am one of the odd ones... I prefer a old fashioned book in my hands :D:D:D

I'm on my 2nd Kindle (little granddaughter stepped on my 1st one) and also have it on my iPhone....love it on both!

Diannia

I have a kindle and love it!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
    Just curious, how many of you have kindles, nooks, or other e-reader devices.
    I have an iPad and iPod touch and mp3 player that I have used constantly for ebooks and audios..I am addicted to them..love audios for when I am multitasking. I get all of my books free thru my library overdrive program... Nice to get NEW books free

I have a kindle with the 3G connection and won't ever buy another book on paper (with the exception of my Stephen King hardback collection). The kindle is another very addictive hobby!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuusistoquilter
    I bought DH a kindle in the spring and he has over 50 books on it. He is an avid reader. The only down side is our library does not support kindle books.
    If your library uses an EPUB book format, you can download a free software program called Calibre that will convert them to a format Kindle can read.

I work in a library and our service does not support Kindle either, but several of our patrons use Kindles by converting with the free software. Apparently, it is an easy process.
    You will have to remove the DRM, digital rights management, in order to use Calibre to convert to ePub format.

I love my Kindle and my daughter loves her Nook.

I got my kindle for Christmas and love it. You can carry over 3,000 books with out breaking your back. Isn't that great??? I play slingo on mine a lot too and the battery lasts about a month depending on how much you use it and such. Have a great day, Huggies, Fay

Blog Entries
    I think older people love the new tech items more then the younger folks. They expect it, we older ones appreciate exactly the magic we have access to!

I love my Kindle, I have had one about a year and a half, wish I had gotten one sooner.

I have a Kindle 2 for over 3 years. It was either get something like that or buy more book shelves. I love my Kindle and it is almost always with me. I have downloaded close to 500 books and games on it; many of the books/games were free or $2.99 or less!

I have a Kindle and I love it!

I've only had my kndle about a month but I love it. I used to frantically try to finish a book before it was due at the library and now it doesn't matter how long it takes to read it. I love to take it with me. I used to carry 5-6 books when I go to the beach now I can carry hundreds in my purse. Tnanks for the sites. Can you download just like Amazon or do you need the wire to plug into the computer? I'm still learning the fine points.

I have a NookColor. I love it! It is very user friendly. I like being able to see magazines in color. You can get a Certified Pre-owned one for $199 on the Barnes and Noble site. It has the same warrenty as a brand new. Hope this helps.

Blog Entries
    I have a Kindle. Love it.

working on a scrappy UFO behind my Viking
    Blog Entries
    Love my kindle

Quote Originally Posted by janell2009
    good question. I will be watching this one. I have looked at one for a long time, but on a fixed income with a fabric addiction I just could not get my self to save for it. I would use the money I saved on a ruler or fabric instead. I am a reader but I can usually find enough people who have books that they want to borrow to me. The library is 60 miles round trip so i just do not go. I think I would like it.. Now how do I save for that and not spend it on fabrics?
    Overstock.com had some refurbished Nooks at an excellent price. DH got one and it works awesomely. I have the Nook color and it is fabulous. Nicest part is I don't have to go to the library, I use my library card number, got to the ebook part of the local libraries website and download the books from there. When they are due, they just automatically go back (welll, they actually just stop opening on the device). I went through 2 other readers before finding the Nook that actuallly does library downloads as advertised. Well worth the money.

I personally see no reason to buy an e-reader. I now get books or other material from my local library (that is what some of my real estate tax goes to)since it is associated with a network of some sort things come from many libraries...I haven't purchased from book stores in a long time....garage sales are fun to look thru, sometimes something interesting may be there. While traveling long distances, or when sewing I do like the audio books. I guess the fact that one has to pay for "electronic books" just bothers me.....I know some are free, but I think there is a charge for others...then, of course, as everything else electronic, there will always be an "upgrade" to the system......JMHO

I forgot to mention, my library said in Dec. you'll be able to download books from the libraary on your kindle.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast