Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The lives and loves of 18" dolls >

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

The lives and loves of 18" dolls

Old 07-24-2013, 06:56 AM

Here are some of the outfits I have made:
Attached Thumbnails birthday-bash-dress.jpg   black-pants-green-shirt-close-up.jpg   bria-mae-ling.jpg   crocheted-shoes.jpg   jammies.jpg  

Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 AM

Here are a few more...sorry some are sideways! The felt vest is super easy. I also made 2 of them with cotton fabric and bias binding. The gingham outfit was cut down from a little shirt the DGD's had worn. The long pink nightie was also made out of a shirt the girls wore. I really like cutting down baby clothes!
Attached Thumbnails felt-vest.jpg   gingham-outfit.jpg   long-pink-nightie.jpg   pink-black-shorts-outfit.jpg   pillowcase-dress.jpg  

Old 07-24-2013, 07:04 AM

Here is 1 of the books I've used to make the clothes...
Attached Thumbnails book.jpg  
Old 07-24-2013, 07:13 AM

Great job Nancia for starting this thread. My DGD will be arriving to visit in a few days. Two thing on her list of things to do: sew on my FW and swim in the pool. She is 5 1/2. I bought her an AG-like doll from Nancy's Notions and she loves it. Looking forward to all the photos.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM

There are so many cute outfits here. I'm planning on making lots of 18" clothes this yr, I have a few granddaughers and one great granddaughter. I've been looking for patterns and found a few that were free. I can't afford the real AGD but Walmarts and Target has some that are really cute. Plus with girls so young I'd feel better spending 30 on each doll, especially when I need 3 or 4 of them. Good luck with the thread request. At least one was asked about for the embroidery section and was vetoed saying they had to draw the line somewhere. There are alot of quilts that have embroidery on them. But you can do what the embroidery did, you can see the thread about embroidery chat and it has I think over a 1000 post added to it. I'm hoping to have as much luck finding patterns and making things as cute as you all have.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:27 AM

Very cute. I've made quite a few outfits, there are so many free patterns online. One of my favorites was a swimsuit I made using a size 6-9 month baby swimsuit I got at The Dollar Tree.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Power Poster

Fun idea for this thread! Love to see everyone's creations!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:09 PM

stitchnripper- i have 2 dgd named olivia. one is 7, the other is 2. the 7 yr old is the one that got me started again! also, i was on the home decor swap, and in addition to a floor quilt, i gave the little girl the olivia doll and as the swap went longer and longer i just kept making clothes, lol. then i realized it's just as fast to cut out 2 at once. so my dolls started getting new clothes too. the 2 pair of cargo pants are for my twin boy dolls, henry and ford.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:20 PM

romanojg- butterick has (as far as i can tell) the most patterns. mc calls does too. there is a site on line that has the original agd patterns free for down loading. you are so lucky to have so many dgd that are interested! the dolls at wal-mart and k-mart are made by madame alexander, the dolls at jo-anns are also available at michael's and nancy's notions. toys-r-us has a line called the journey girls. my boys (twins) came from pottery barn. right now they are the only source i know of for boys. my first boy came from target. and wal-mart also has the diva dolls, which are dolls of color. so much fun scouting them out!!
Old 07-24-2013, 03:24 PM

diannia-- those are wonderful! i especially lovee the doll with the missing tooth! did you have patterns for these clothes?