Love Yoga!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:58 AM

Default Love Yoga!

Last night my sister and I took a yoga class. I slept better and woke up less stiff than usual. Love it! I took classes about 4 years ago. The instructor was great but did not seem willing to accept my physical limitations (back problems and creaky knees). She constantly pressured me to do things I was uncomfortable with. Last night's instructor was great, she accepted my comfort level while still challenging me. We're going to sign up for the 6 week Intro to Yoga class. Can't wait.

Do you do yoga?
Old 08-24-2012, 05:32 AM

Congratulations on finding good instructor. You may find your back problems improving!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 AM

I absolutely love yoga. I think you will definitely find some relief with your back pain, as I did. Also, I have the beginning stages of bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. Though I am right hand predominate it is worse in my left wrist. I even found yoga helped with that pain and discomfort as well. Congratulations on finding a great instructor. That is half the battle!
Old 08-24-2012, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc View Post
I absolutely love yoga. I think you will definitely find some relief with your back pain, as I did. Also, I have the beginning stages of bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome. Though I am right hand predominate it is worse in my left wrist. I even found yoga helped with that pain and discomfort as well. Congratulations on finding a great instructor. That is half the battle!
Any adivce for my feet? They got SO tired like they're weak or something. They only started bothering me when we went into warrior poses.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

I saw a beginner yoga program, bought the DVD. Played it and goodness, I can't sit like that! I will try again later.
I also saw one on stretching which I would love to do. But the DVD was twice as much, so no go there.
I'm hoping to catch the stretching program again this Sunday. maybe I can remember what she did and just do it myself. i need help. I think yoga is a good thing if you can do it. keep it up.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by CindyA View Post
Any adivce for my feet? They got SO tired like they're weak or something. They only started bothering me when we went into warrior poses.
Your stance might be extending too much. But your feet are weak right now. They will get stronger, the more yoga you do. Talk with your instructor and she may suggest a position modification for you.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Power Poster

I would love to find a good yoga instructor. I am going to look into it this fall because my old body needs something. I want to be more flexible but don't want to aggravate my poor aching bones.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I would love to find a good yoga instructor. I am going to look into it this fall because my old body needs something. I want to be more flexible but don't want to aggravate my poor aching bones.
One thing to remember (for anyone trying yoga) it should NEVER, EVER hurt. You might feel a little bit sore the very first time or when you got up in intensity but there should be no pain when you're doing the positions.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:36 AM

I've never done yoga (well, we did it in PE class in college but that was a year or two ago), but my DD LOVES it! She says she can really tell when she hasn't been going. Maybe I should look in to it. I'm glad you're finding it helpful. I did take T'ai Chi & LOVED doing that!
Old 08-24-2012, 12:10 PM

I have many Yoga DVDs and I should pop them in the machine more often, but I love them.