Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: May I ask a hat question here?

Yup, I'm with the others. There was no disrespect there...in fact, it's a way to honor the new bride because she's a fan of "the fascinators".

I had no idea about this until I saw it on yahoo. And while I couldn't pull one off, I secretly kinda want one now. :D

When I was growing up, we were required to cover our heads in church (Episcopal). I had the cutest hats and elaborate veils. Duel purpose-It was for respect and you really couldn't have a bad hair day when it was covered. I miss those hat days as my hair gets thinner................

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking super glue!

I loved the hats ... and I don't think anything could have upstaged this bride. She was gorgeous and what a sweet, sweet fairy tale wedding it was.

I love the hats, but could not get away with wearing one of those in the Arkansas Ozarks. Step outside in one of those and guys around here would start shootin, thinking a new bird was in town.

This is as close as I can get to the hats. Tried this mask on in Pier One oneday.
    Name:  Attachment-191209.jpe
Views: 14
Size:  41.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PamB8s
    I love the hats, but could not get away with wearing one of those in the Arkansas Ozarks. Step outside in one of those and guys around here would start shootin, thinking a new bird was in town.
    Pam, Thanks for the chuckle! I love hats but we just don't wear them in the states much, do we?

I wear one to church every Sudnay-I love them, but it's hard to find nice ones at a reasonable price, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by frauhahn
    I wear one to church every Sudnay-I love them, but it's hard to find nice ones at a reasonable price, anymore.
    I find some nice ones at JC Penney - you just have to 'stalk' the store for selections. :)

Good old fashioned hat pins?

Blog Entries
    I love hats, have 27 of them, would love to go to England to shop for a hat. Have a Huge one made by someone trained by a Paris Modiste and yes I have worn it to church, get some stares but oh the liberation of being older (who cares!!) America has lost such fashion sense by not enjoying wearing hats. I love seeing hats on other ladies. Sure adds a touch of class.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast