Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A Mental approach to sewing >

A Mental approach to sewing

A Mental approach to sewing

Old 03-18-2014, 12:46 PM

I agree...my DH would definitely think that he had stepped into Stepford !!!!!!!!! and might be tempted to stick a pin in me to see if i "sparked"......
Old 03-18-2014, 01:12 PM

My Mom always wore dresses. Just the way she was brought up. She would be appalled at today's fashions! She didn't mind my wearing pants, though. She just didn't feel comfortable in them. She worked at a place where she HAD to wear pants - but she put on a dress as soon as she came home! Just the opposite from me until I retired and never wore a skirt or dress again!

My high school (in Southern california) didn't allow girls to wear pants or skirts above the knee. Sigh. There was a brief craze when the boys wore their jeans pretty low, risking being 'pantsed'. Use your imagination. If they wore 'regular' pants (usually khaki or white) they wore white bucks. Girls wore bucks with socks to match our outfits.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:46 PM

I'd never get to sew if this was the rule in this house. I go into my sewing room to escape the housework, I never have a problem forgetting about once out of sight. As for the lipstick and hair done, my husband would ask if I had a boyfriend dropping by while he's at work! LOL