Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To move or not to move, that is the question.

Super Member I go To The Sea To Breathe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    As some of you may know, my husband is a minister who because of ill health was forced into retirement almost 3 yrs ago. He has been miserable. He was a wonderful minister and really ministered to the hospital, shut ins and especially the dying. He was such a comfort to them. The only time during the week that he comes alive ? is on Sunday when we attend church as members in the pew. He can't really do things in the church we attend due to causing divisions among the congregation. This is not the church he pastored, but many people know and love him. He has been asked to go to a church 1500 miles away, to our "home congregation" that we came from when he decided to enter seminary. we have many many friends there. they need a pastor to keep them together until they have grown a little and can "call " a younger person who would take over completely. Should we handle this as a missionary type "call"? go for like a year. I really wan t to do this, we would be so much closer to my family on the other coast...so please pray that God will get us where He wants us. we still have a few good years left......

sounds to me like you already have your answer.

Sounds like a big decision, but an exciting one,too! Trust that you'll soon know God's will for you.

Godspeed!

Blog Entries
    Tough decisions require lots of prayer.... Hope and prayer go hand in hand..

I'm sure you will make the right decision.

It sounds like you are ready to go. How about your husband? What does he think of the idea? It might be nice to be near family and friends...especially at this time in your lives. Seek HIS guidance.

It sounds as if this will be a very good move for you in many ways. Being able to combine ministry and living closer to your family sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

Go for it.

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    It has been my experience that the right doors open at the right times, when we let Jesus guide us...will pray you will know what to do!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast