Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Elna was stolen

Some of you may remember my post topic "Eastward Bound & looking for great quilt shops". Well, I'm back from my fabulous trip and sad to share that my luggage - containing clothes (for 6 weeks), quilting fabric, the quilt for my grandson (my avatar), gifts, toys, books (for my grandkids), my Dell netbook and worst of all, my ELNA machine - was stolen from my car.

To add insult to injury, I had called the insurance company just days before to increase my deductible from $500 to $1000! :-( My daughter says I was really tempting the gods. :cry:

So (deep breath) I'm in the market for a replacement machine as my stolen one hasn't shown up on eBay or in local pawn shops. I loved my Elna SU air electronic, even though it's 25 years old. However it was a sewing machine and since February, I've become a quilter.

I'm interested in your opinions/feedback on the Elna 6600 (Quilting Queen). I haven't test driven it, but I've looked at it - twice. I know Janome bought out Elna so there may be opinions about the similarities/differences between the two manufacturers.

Thanks in advance for your input,
    KARREN

Blog Entries
    I have my Elna from 25 years ago that my Mom bought me. Still LOVE that machine. Sorry to hear it was stolen.

Blog Entries
    OMG! Where were you when it was stolen?

Blog Entries
    Sorry your possessions were stolen.

I don't know anything about the Elna 6600. I hope you find a suitable replacement machine soon.

I don't have an reccomendations but I just wanted to say that I'm sorry that this happend to you. It is terrible.

Blog Entries
    The old Elnas were superb machines, but the new ones are not necessarily that way. I would encourage you to look at other brands -- especially Janome, Pfaff and Bernina. Brother also seems to have a good reputation these days.

Blog Entries
    that is terrible, I hope you get you another sewing machine soon

Blog Entries
    If your car was in your yard your house insurance may Reimburse you...that is teriible...hate that there are sumbags out there that steal.

Blog Entries
    I'm so sorry about everything being stolen. Put the picture of your quilt on the lost quilt website so people are on the look out for it. I hope everthing else can be replaced soon-especially your sewing machine!

Blog Entries
    Such a sad story, I feel so bad for you. What an aweful thing.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast