Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric!

My name is Dawn, and I am addicted to....fabric!

I truly need a 12 step program these days. When I sew quilts, I have a specific color scheme and pattern in mind. When I sew little dresses, I am more free. Now every fabric I see looks like part of another dress.

I always swore that I would never be a fabric hoarder, but this has done it for me. I need therapy! :0)

Blog Entries
    Hello Dawn, welcome to our gathering, might I get you a piece of fabric to fondle while you sit there and tell us all about it? We have, satins, wools, cord and even some furniture cover material. The cottons are nice and soft as we prewash all our fabric for meetings. The fleece is nice and warm for arthritic hands as is the flannel. We are glad you
    can join us, do sit a spell now and tell us your story.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

Power Poster
    You are asking the wrong group for help. I too am a fabric hoarder but I am proud of my stash.

Power Poster
    Ummm - welcome to the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    You are asking the wrong group for help. I too am a fabric hoarder but I am proud of my stash.
    Yeah... we really are kind of a bunch of enablers. But it's soooooo fun! Besides, of all the things I could be addicted to, fabric is pretty harmless, right? I know I could be as rabid over something like exercise or eating righgt & that would really be fabulous but unless they'd reward me with fabric, that ain't happening! So, hello, Dawn. Here's a thread you might enjoy... PUT YOUR FABRIC DOWN SO YOU CAN READ IT! LOL!

Hello my name is Luv, and Im a fabri-holic.....
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Blog Entries
    Hi Dawn this is Dawn in Waco Texas. I decided to use my stash so I can buy more updated fabric. I do the same when making quilts I have color sceme, but I am trying to do some quilts for charity and use up that fabric. good luck to you and show us pictures. ok?
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Hi, Dawn! Welcome to the group! Most of us bring several pieces of fabric with us, for Show-And-Tell. Oh! I see you're well prepared!
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I love everyone of you fabric hoarders. We all sound alike. time for some more to feel. joyce j

Blog Entries
    My name is Sharon and I am also addicted to fabric. I think we mostly all are!
    "You must do the thing you think you cannot do"....E. Roosevelt

Sharon
    Yorkville, IL

I just got back from a two store fabric shopping spree this morning, I was real good I just bought only six new fabrics.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast