Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
"Not intended for commercial use" >

"Not intended for commercial use"

"Not intended for commercial use"

Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 AM

I've sent a message to Warren Kimble's site and will share the answer providing I get one.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:07 AM

I do not buy anything Disney. When they sued a day care in FL for having painted Disney characters on the walls for mega money, I turened against them. It was free publicity for pete's sake. I have bought some toys at garage sales or thrift stores but I figure Disney is not getting any of my money LOL.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by katesnanna View Post
I've sent a message to Warren Kimble's site and will share the answer providing I get one.
I'm confused. When did Warren Kimble enter into the conversation? I must have missed something....
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
We have the smallest of small community fairs and 3 years ago someone associated with Disney had a woman's booth closed down and everything even remotely connected with Disney fabric confiscated. amazing.

There are a million fabrics, just use something else...

Licensing...copyrighted. Not surprised to read this. One major reason i did not buy a Brother embroidery machine. I was not going to pay $$ to advertise the Disney brand on MY machine. I love Disney...but not on my sewing machine.

Sandy
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
I'm confused. When did Warren Kimble enter into the conversation? I must have missed something....
Sorry, he is mentioned in the thread that QuiltnNan put up. Second post in this thread.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:10 PM

I don't buy fabric with this type of notification. Same as I do not buy patterns that say you can't sell quilts made from the pattern. I wrote Atkinson about their policy and they were quite firm. So I have not bought one of their patterns since and neither have any of my friends!!
Old 01-08-2013, 07:34 PM

Making and selling items from these fabrics and patterns is perfectly legal. But the companies want you to think it's wrong and will make your life miserable and send threatening letters. However none have won in court. It's just a matter of if you want the hassle. Some etsy crafters have sued the big companies when they tried to shut them down and even Disney settled out of court. But if they see your items they will send nasty letters and threaten to sue you.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
here's an extensive thread on the subject http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...c-t169149.html
Thanks Quiltn Nan .. appreciate it very much ...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:43 PM

Yes, it's frustrating. Recently I purchased a pattern that I thought would be perfect to sell at the school craft fair. Made 11 of them at first then life happened. When I had time to get back to it checked the pattern again to refresh myself when my eye caught this almost microscopic print that said not only could I not make copies of the pattern I, also, could not sell anything I made from the pattern. I can understand the designer put a lot of time and effort and money in producing the pattern and if everyone just makes copies and passes them out to their friends it cuts down on their profits but...to tell me what I can DO with the pattern after I BUY it............Hmmm, I don't think so.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM

The manufacturer sold it commercially to the quilt shops and the quilt shops sold it commercially to you but
YOU can't sell it commercially? Doesn't make any sense to me.