Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize >

November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

November 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize

Old 11-20-2012, 05:26 AM

Glad you're on board SewNso. Went to the doctor yesterday for my arm - it's healing quite well, thank you - and when they weighed me, I'd lost another 4#. Had to rush home and weigh on my scales - and yep, 4# this month. I am estatic (SP?) and that will really be my incentive for Thursday - reminding myself what I have gained and conversely, what I could lose just by over doing it.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 PM

That's good news about your arm and the four pounds, Vanogay. You just keep shrinking!!!

No third helpings? That means when I leave the table I am finished - no eating in the kitchen. Okay. I didn't make last week's. No chocolate isn't in my vocabulary.

I'm glad I'm not cooking Thanksgiving other than the desserts and corn pudding. I totally lost the use of my left leg Sunday night so I had to use crutches for 24 hours. This is not good. The SI joint is in bad shape and the surgeon won''t operate because of the contaminated steroids. He's right, of course, but it's still scary. I want to do Christmas dinner. One day at a time is my new mantra.

I worked on the Spicy Spiral table runner with the wrong cut. I had to do some 'adjustments' but it looks good. Now to sandwich, quilt and bind it. My oldest daughter cracks me up - she is so 'first born organized' that when she saw the fabrics for her sister's Spicy Spiral, she didn't like them together. Tonight she came to go out for dinner, she thought it was pretty. I just laugh at her and tell her not to look until it's sewn together.

Busy day tomorrow. I hope the stores have some pumpkin left because one year they ran out. Luckily, I had some at home. Pecan pie sounds good, but I don't think there'd be many takers in this group and I'd have to eat it, so there won't be any made.

Have a good evening, everyone.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 PM

I am not in. I would be cheating. 2 weeks ago, I had Bariatric surgery. Surgery for Weight loss. From last April I have lost a total of 40 pounds. Since the surgery, I have lost 10 of it.

I am not advocating this. Before they even consider you they give you a goal weight that you have to lose and maintain. I had to lose 23 pounds, simply cutting back, and eating their diet. It was not easy and it was not fun, but I had serious arthritis and I was desperate to get the weight off. Pre arthritis I weighed 108. I am a very small woman. Then every movement was pain and I just quit moving. And I shot up to 223. High of 250.

Ladies, 20 lbs will take some organization and discipline. Try to find a Dr who will give you a good healthy diet. (Not one from the best seller list) 20 lbs will make you feel lke a new person. I won't happen overnight. I know you can do it. I did and I am the laziest munchiest person in the world.

Best wishes to all of you.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:47 PM

Welcome, Sucia. please join us for the positive reinforcements we can give each other. I don't know that surgery is cheating, but it's not up to me.

Time to go to bed if i want to do much tomorrow. Goodnight.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:39 AM

Hi Sucia. Surgery isn't cheating. Good luck on your journey. Yes loosing even a few pounds is helpful. My knees feel a litte bit better with each pound I loose. The advice to get a good healthy diet from a professional is a good idea. We all need an eating plan that we can live with for the rest of our lives. This isn't a diet it is a lifetime eating plan. We all need help and encouragement on our journey.
Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy yourself. Allow yourself a few small cheats so you don't feel like you are missing something. Otherwise you will probably consume more calories in the end. Get back on the wagon on Friday and do a little extra exercise.
Pat
Old 11-21-2012, 04:58 AM

Just heard a good joke on David Letterman. In preparation for the holiday season everyone needs to set their scales back 10 pounds tonight to avoid the holiday weight gain. I wish it was that easy.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:32 PM

Spent an awesome day in PA with one of my very dearest friends and my Mom. We went to the farmer's market to get some things for tomorrow's dinner, and did a little Christmas shopping. All that walking and fresh air was great exersise by my feet and legs are sore today. We didn't get home till late in the evening and I didn't get to bed until even later. Tired and sore do not make for a fun day at work. Oh well.

Looking forward to having family and friends gathered together at my house tomorrow. It's always a good feeling to see everyone gathered around the table.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Healthy Thanksgiving!!!!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:30 PM

Wishing everyone a blessed and healthy Thanksgiving. Remember to keep up the fluids and hold down the solids! Enjoy the day!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM

sucia, welcome. happy holidays. no, surgery isn't cheating, nor is it the solution all the way. you have to be committed to make that work also. so join in the chit chat, and welcome. i know several people that have had several different types of wt loss surgery, and then turned around, and gained almost all the wt back. there was even a fella on biggest loser like that. soo, hopefully, you will be moderate in your food choices along with your surgery. god bless.
Old 11-22-2012, 04:40 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We are in a huge cabin in Hocking hills OH. I looked online and I think there are several quilt shops in the area. Not sure if I will have time to go to any. We are going ziplining tomorrow. Woo Hoo! I have never done it before but it should be fun.