Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: NQR : But need some help please

  1. #1
    Super Member LAQUITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW / Texas
    Posts
    1,029

    NQR : But need some help please

    QB friends, we are needing help in re-homing Cindy. (Shea's retired service dog). She is a beautiful 8 yo black standard poodle that has been trained as a service dog. However due to her having shoulder problems she had to be retired. Her shoulder is MUCH better as long as she no longer jumps in and out of our van several times a day , and no longer does all the walking she did when she would go out and about with Shea. It is breaking Shea's heart that we are having to re- home her, but since she has stoppped 'working' for Shea, she gets mad at her when we leave her home. She gets out of her create, she tears things up, we have called and talked with the organization we got her from and they say 'it is a behavior' she is acting out b/c she is not working.

    We have tried many other remedies and that last suggestions was this: she will propbably do much better with a new owner, one she has not 'worked' for. She is a very loveable dog, and truly Shea's best friend. She hates to keep her created up when we leave, it's hard on them both. If you know of someone that needs a wonderfully awesome companion dog, please please have them contact me via FB or if you have my cell # please feel free to pass it on to them. We are looking to have this happen ASAP, for both CIndy & Shea's sake. Please let me know if you know of someone. We live in Texas. Thank you
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

    HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

  2. #2
    Junior Member TShooters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    242
    Prayers for a loving, caring home for Cindy. (((HUGS))) for you and your daughter.
    Count your life by smiles, not tears. Count your age by friends, not years.

    "I, myself, am entirely made of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."

  3. #3
    Super Member DogHouseMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Grundy Co Illinois
    Posts
    5,176
    I agree with the advice of the service organization. She needs a job and she is frustrated that she is not allowed to perform her job. She has no idea why ... poor girl.

    Have you contacted Poodle Rescue?

    Here's one in Houston.
    http://www.poodlerescueofhouston.com/

    And in North Texas
    http://www.poodlerescuent.org/
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

    Sue

  4. #4
    Super Member BarbaraSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    near Peoria Illinois
    Posts
    1,642
    Blog Entries
    2
    I will keep Shea and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers. Hope there is a solution to benefit both.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

  5. #5
    Super Member auntpiggylpn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Michigan. . .FINALLY!!!!
    Posts
    6,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
    I agree with the advice of the service organization. She needs a job and she is frustrated that she is not allowed to perform her job. She has no idea why ... poor girl.

    Have you contacted Poodle Rescue?

    Here's one in Houston.
    http://www.poodlerescueofhouston.com/

    And in North Texas
    http://www.poodlerescuent.org/
    I was going to suggest poodle rescue too!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Any place I can sew
    Posts
    442
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
    QB friends, we are needing help in re-homing Cindy. (Shea's retired service dog). She is a beautiful 8 yo black standard poodle that has been trained as a service dog. However due to her having shoulder problems she had to be retired. Her shoulder is MUCH better as long as she no longer jumps in and out of our van several times a day , and no longer does all the walking she did when she would go out and about with Shea. It is breaking Shea's heart that we are having to re- home her, but since she has stoppped 'working' for Shea, she gets mad at her when we leave her home. She gets out of her create, she tears things up, we have called and talked with the organization we got her from and they say 'it is a behavior' she is acting out b/c she is not working.

    We have tried many other remedies and that last suggestions was this: she will propbably do much better with a new owner, one she has not 'worked' for. She is a very loveable dog, and truly Shea's best friend. She hates to keep her created up when we leave, it's hard on them both. If you know of someone that needs a wonderfully awesome companion dog, please please have them contact me via FB or if you have my cell # please feel free to pass it on to them. We are looking to have this happen ASAP, for both CIndy & Shea's sake. Please let me know if you know of someone. We live in Texas. Thank you
    What about an Adult Foster Home or a Ret. Home. Many have a house pet or would LOVE to have one like Cindy. If I was closer I would take her in a heart beat. Please keep us updated. You ALL are in my prayers.

  7. #7
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
    I will keep Shea and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers. Hope there is a solution to benefit both.
    Me, too! Seeing that you're from Peoria, Barbara Sue, that's where we got our last dog, our beloved Yankee. He came from The Ark. Peoria dog people are so nice!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

  8. #8
    Super Member burchquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Holmen, WI
    Posts
    7,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
    What about an Adult Foster Home or a Ret. Home. Many have a house pet or would LOVE to have one like Cindy. If I was closer I would take her in a heart beat. Please keep us updated. You ALL are in my prayers.
    That's a GREAT idea!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

  9. #9
    Super Member LAQUITA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    DFW / Texas
    Posts
    1,029
    Thanks everyone for your words of encouragment and prayers! Cindy has found a new home, with a new Quilting Friend, also named Cindy. She lives here close by and adopted Shea's Cindy. They seem to be doing fine.
    Thanks again for the help.
    LaQuita (aka) - Yai-Yai to the most precious grandbaby around of course I'm partial! LOL

    HAPPY QUILTING!
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/shea

  10. #10
    Super Member Cindy60545's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Wills Point, Texas
    Posts
    2,087

    Cindy's gotten comfortable!

    To let everyone know what happened to Cindy the service dog for Shea, I pm'd Laquita & we got together & the gals came out to my home & "auditioned" Cindy to our home. We let Shea decide whether to leave her with us or not, & she decided she should stay. Well, she's fit so well into our household so well that you would think she'd always been here! Here's a picture of her taking over MY side of the bed! DH is with her. She's just as spoiled here as she was with Shea & Laquita. She's adopted our 8 yr old grandson & follows him everywhere! She's a happy camper & we're glad to have her as an addition to our family.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.