Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
NQR : But need some help please >

NQR : But need some help please

NQR : But need some help please

Old 06-18-2012, 10:49 AM

Default NQR : But need some help please

QB friends, we are needing help in re-homing Cindy. (Shea's retired service dog). She is a beautiful 8 yo black standard poodle that has been trained as a service dog. However due to her having shoulder problems she had to be retired. Her shoulder is MUCH better as long as she no longer jumps in and out of our van several times a day , and no longer does all the walking she did when she would go out and about with Shea. It is breaking Shea's heart that we are having to re- home her, but since she has stoppped 'working' for Shea, she gets mad at her when we leave her home. She gets out of her create, she tears things up, we have called and talked with the organization we got her from and they say 'it is a behavior' she is acting out b/c she is not working.

We have tried many other remedies and that last suggestions was this: she will propbably do much better with a new owner, one she has not 'worked' for. She is a very loveable dog, and truly Shea's best friend. She hates to keep her created up when we leave, it's hard on them both. If you know of someone that needs a wonderfully awesome companion dog, please please have them contact me via FB or if you have my cell # please feel free to pass it on to them. We are looking to have this happen ASAP, for both CIndy & Shea's sake. Please let me know if you know of someone. We live in Texas. Thank you
Old 06-18-2012, 12:42 PM

Prayers for a loving, caring home for Cindy. (((HUGS))) for you and your daughter.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 PM

I agree with the advice of the service organization. She needs a job and she is frustrated that she is not allowed to perform her job. She has no idea why ... poor girl.

Have you contacted Poodle Rescue?

Here's one in Houston.
http://www.poodlerescueofhouston.com/

And in North Texas
http://www.poodlerescuent.org/
Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 AM

I will keep Shea and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers. Hope there is a solution to benefit both.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
I agree with the advice of the service organization. She needs a job and she is frustrated that she is not allowed to perform her job. She has no idea why ... poor girl.

Have you contacted Poodle Rescue?

Here's one in Houston.
http://www.poodlerescueofhouston.com/

And in North Texas
http://www.poodlerescuent.org/
I was going to suggest poodle rescue too!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by LAQUITA View Post
QB friends, we are needing help in re-homing Cindy. (Shea's retired service dog). She is a beautiful 8 yo black standard poodle that has been trained as a service dog. However due to her having shoulder problems she had to be retired. Her shoulder is MUCH better as long as she no longer jumps in and out of our van several times a day , and no longer does all the walking she did when she would go out and about with Shea. It is breaking Shea's heart that we are having to re- home her, but since she has stoppped 'working' for Shea, she gets mad at her when we leave her home. She gets out of her create, she tears things up, we have called and talked with the organization we got her from and they say 'it is a behavior' she is acting out b/c she is not working.

We have tried many other remedies and that last suggestions was this: she will propbably do much better with a new owner, one she has not 'worked' for. She is a very loveable dog, and truly Shea's best friend. She hates to keep her created up when we leave, it's hard on them both. If you know of someone that needs a wonderfully awesome companion dog, please please have them contact me via FB or if you have my cell # please feel free to pass it on to them. We are looking to have this happen ASAP, for both CIndy & Shea's sake. Please let me know if you know of someone. We live in Texas. Thank you
What about an Adult Foster Home or a Ret. Home. Many have a house pet or would LOVE to have one like Cindy. If I was closer I would take her in a heart beat. Please keep us updated. You ALL are in my prayers.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by BarbaraSue View Post
I will keep Shea and Cindy in my thoughts and prayers. Hope there is a solution to benefit both.
Me, too! Seeing that you're from Peoria, Barbara Sue, that's where we got our last dog, our beloved Yankee. He came from The Ark. Peoria dog people are so nice!
Old 06-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
What about an Adult Foster Home or a Ret. Home. Many have a house pet or would LOVE to have one like Cindy. If I was closer I would take her in a heart beat. Please keep us updated. You ALL are in my prayers.
That's a GREAT idea!
Old 06-23-2012, 10:33 PM

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragment and prayers! Cindy has found a new home, with a new Quilting Friend, also named Cindy. She lives here close by and adopted Shea's Cindy. They seem to be doing fine.
Thanks again for the help.
Old 06-24-2012, 03:57 AM

Default Cindy's gotten comfortable!

To let everyone know what happened to Cindy the service dog for Shea, I pm'd Laquita & we got together & the gals came out to my home & "auditioned" Cindy to our home. We let Shea decide whether to leave her with us or not, & she decided she should stay. Well, she's fit so well into our household so well that you would think she'd always been here! Here's a picture of her taking over MY side of the bed! DH is with her. She's just as spoiled here as she was with Shea & Laquita. She's adopted our 8 yr old grandson & follows him everywhere! She's a happy camper & we're glad to have her as an addition to our family.
Attached Thumbnails cindylou1.jpg