Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!! >

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

October 2012 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 PM

Hiking in the woods to see a waterfall sounds like way more fun than spending the afternoon/evening running errands, which is how I spent my day. I am bushed but didn't really get much exercise since I was in and out of the car. I didn't even spend as much time moving around at work today, had to work on a spreadsheet so I was planted at my desk. I will have to make time tomorrow to go for a walk at the very least. Those cookies sound yummy, and much healthier than my oatmeal no bake cookies!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:09 AM

Off to take mom to the doctors, following up on the CT that was done last week.

My depression is getting so bad right now, I just want to hid from everything. I have been out of work now for 5 months and with every place I apply i get rejected. I just dont know what to do anymore.

I am trying to keep up my faith and trust in God but it is getting harder every day.

Sorry for the negative....just needed to vent.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:57 AM

sandy, has anyone we know on here, ever made a success of the 'work on line, from home' ? i have tried to investigate it. MSN news on line had the names of the companies that do the hiring, but i missed it. meant to go back and catch them, but then couldn't find them. good luck to you.
canned pumpkin for the last 3 or 4 days. it's a slow process. doing a canner full of salmon today.
need to get on the excercise bike some today.
and trying to get the little grandson from day care around 3:30. that's when they send them outside, and he has a cold, so am trying to get him over that.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 AM

I'm in for Oct. My suggestion for Tuesday's is no bread. I know that's a hard one but maybe for two days of the week.
The cookies sound really interesting so will try them.
Cindy hang in there the perfect job is just waiting for you to find. Now is a really hard time for everyone looking for a job so you are not alone out there. Keep your chin up you will find that job!
Welcome to all who are new and returning. Together we can do this life change. One day at a time and one bite at a time.
Gail
Old 10-03-2012, 07:14 AM

Cindy, keep your spirits up. Drag yourself out even when you don't want to. I've been through what you're going through. You need to make yourself do things!!!! Depression is an ugly thing and if you don't fight it, it will win. I have faith in God and myself, and when it strikes, I strike back. Strike back Cindy!!!!! The more you get out and moving the better you're gonna feel. And this job thing takes time. I know you don't want to hear that, but it does. Took me almost a year, but I ended up with the perfect job for me at this time in my life. And I ended up with another whole group of awesome friends in the process. I'm not a "Jesus Freak" and I don't go shouting the word, but I do believe that he has a plan for all of us and we may not agree or understand but eventually everything works out. Keep the faith!!!

And remember, you have all of us to vent to!!!! Vent away!!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:18 AM

Cindy, there are a lot of us suffering with depression. My heart goes out to you. Mine gets bad this time of year because we don't have a lot of sunshine. And yes, I tend to hide inside. With DH out of town, it is easier to deal just with myself. But if I put something on my calendar, then I tend to get "going". My big thing is getting dressed for the day - I must. And I now tell myself - just do something. Even if it's going through the mail or tossing junk.

Brought all of the boxes from Mom's storage unit - what a mess around here. So am sorting pictures to go back to family members and such. Have about a dozen boxes of her things and ours ready for the garage sale. All of this must be done before tomorrow noon.

Have TMJ in one ear and again this morning it is letting me know it's not happy. So must go put some medicine in my ear and have some veggies for lunch.

Remember to be good to you!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Di, are you using a mouth guard at night? I've been known to wear one during the day if I'm in a stressful situation. I have to decide whether to continue going to Curves. I had agrophobia at one time and still have trouble leaving the house. Do I want to commit to going out three times a week? Besides, I've herniated L4 and L5 at three times and the weights seem to be bothering those two vertebrae. I have no cartilage in that area so I'm a little cautious. My TV exercises may be better for me. I also have a sunlamp for the months when it isn't as sunny. I often use in the evening if I need extra light for sewing. It doesn't interfere with my sleep, but then not much does.

I wish I had the ambition to sort through my pictures. I tell my kids to bring a shoebox on holidays so we can start, but my youngest daughter throws a monkey wrench in that by insisting we play games.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:32 PM

Got some extra veggies today by having vegetable beef soup. It was a nice size bowl and really full of the veggies. Enjoyed it - then had a second cup of soup at church dinner - a small one - this time it was baked potato soup. I still need to cut down on servings.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:31 PM

Thanks for all the encouraging words. I know that is one thing we are all good about. I did get out of the house today for a little more than just taking mom to the doctors. We did go do a bit of grocery shopping and she took me out to lunch.

Tomorrow I am going to do some cleaning, laundry and then do more than look at the t-shirt quilt on the design wall. LOL I have let my depression keep me from doing it. I have that one plus 2 others to do. Also a quilt top someone wants me to sandwich and stitch in the ditch it. And they need to be done by the end of the year. I need to stop procrasting on doing them.

You guys are all great.

Keep up your hard work on doing what you need to to lose your weight. Now that weather has cooled down, I am gonna try to get mom to go walking with me as she needs to lose also.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:14 PM

Oh shoot, I forgot to buy oatmeal today. No cookies for me.