Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
One of my cats ran 50ft up a tree and can't come down. >

One of my cats ran 50ft up a tree and can't come down.

One of my cats ran 50ft up a tree and can't come down.

Old 02-16-2014, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

Default One of my cats ran 50ft up a tree and can't come down.

A stray dog chased the cat and up it went. He has always came down the tree he goes up but this time he ran over 50 ft and now stuck on a small limb. He has tried to come down but can't make it off the limb. The vet said he if he isn't down in two days he will have to be rescued or take the chance of dehydration and a fall. I have a tree service coming in the morning to rescue the cat. I know I won't sleep much tonight, poor cat. At least the temp won't be under 40. DH said get an estimate of having the tree removed while the tree service is here. It's a gumball tree, he hates it. I'm glad he likes the cat. LOL
Old 02-16-2014, 05:48 PM

Poor cat! I think I would remove the tree too. Too bad you couldn't catch the dog to have it picked up.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 PM

I know you'll be sleeping lightly, thinking of your baby. All will be well in the morning. In this cold weather, I'm always concerned that our inside-only kitty might escape and I won't be able to find him in the dark.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear. One of ours did that and she did manage to get herself down. Maybe yours will figure it out. But you do have a backup plan.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:08 PM

Please let us know how things go. Poor kitty, hope you get some sleep, don't think I would.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

On the bright side, if the cat hadn't run up the tree, the dog might have got him. It will be a bad night for everyone but the tree service should be able to rescue him tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

My Cleo at 5yrs did that on Jan 15 1978( I don't know, I have the scars to prove it)
I just remember the day. anyway a Doberman chased he up, she kept going higher as the night went on.
Finally at 2 am. I got an extension ladder and went up after her in a snowstorm. the wind was blowing
the snow was falling and the damn dog kept barking. I finally got a hold of her left foot and pulled. I shoved her in my coat and got her down. took her in the house and gave her warm icecream and tuna. she purred and snuggled with me. after that, she was inseperable from me. I still have the scar from her scratching me, she was soooo scared, the poor little girl.
good luck, praying for you.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:18 PM

You do know that you are going to have to give us an update tomorrow...and let us know is she was rescued safely and if the tree is coming down. One reason not to declaw cats. We will be thinking of you tonight.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM

Cute story!! Gland you found some way to get him down. Had to laugh… hubby hates the tree… Why not kill 2 birds at 1 time?...
Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 PM

My cat Jake got stuck on top of a telephone pole over night and my hero husband climbed up to get him. Jake held on with all his might and was safely back on the ground, very wobbly and exhausted.