Outlander-tv series

Old 04-16-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
The author, Diana Gabaldon, says this is the story of a marriage, a deep, close marriage of 50 years or so. Sex, she says, is part of the marriage.

I have read all the books, really loved them, and am enjoying the tv series, which, btw, airs on Starz at 9 pm every Saturday (for the next 6 weeks, There will probably be a break until the next season, already contracted.)

If you can't get Starz, they are available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Amazon and other places.
Don't know the end of this saga....hmm, a 50+yr marriage....I don't want to be a spoiler! but now I'm wondering if she'll ever return to the present or be locked into the past....and granted sex is part of marriage -be it 50 days or 50 yrs- but I don't want to be a spectator of someone else's intimate moments.......hints of activities are good enough..... That being said, I will continue to watch as I am now hooked on the storyline...I like historical fiction....
Old 04-16-2015, 12:50 PM

Blowing the nose and using the rest room is part of Life itself but it doesn't make it appropriate to watch... 3 to five times per one hour episode..following in the footsteps of GOT and TB. Rape, explicit sex and beating women is not entertainment to me, it disgusting. Talk about a war on women and degrading women...this show takes the cake. The write lacks skill and uses sex and violence to fill it a slow story. The last and final time I watched it had three explicit sex scenes, one rape and one (women) beating...in one hour. Last time I checked, married people do not have relations publicly and say its part of marriage. lol
Old 04-16-2015, 06:57 PM

Agree with this statement. There are a lot of TV programs any more with bedroom scenes--turns me off as it will occur several times in a 1/2 or 1 hour program and lends nothing to the story.
Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Have been following this, quite good EXCEPT this last episode! Quite an explicit " bedroom" scene.... Great for shock value..at least for me...but really didn't have anything to do with plot line, but that seems to be the norm these days!
Old 04-21-2015, 12:25 AM

read the books. diana gabaldon is a very gifted writer.