Outlander-tv series

Old 04-14-2015, 07:04 AM

Default Outlander-tv series

Have been following this, quite good EXCEPT this last episode! Quite an explicit " bedroom" scene.... Great for shock value..at least for me...but really didn't have anything to do with plot line, but that seems to be the norm these days!
Old 04-14-2015, 12:08 PM

I just finished reading the book...Loved the book...will have to look up when it is broadcast so I can see if it is anything like the book.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:24 PM

I've read all of Diana Gabaldon's books and loved them, so I'm watching the series on Starz. I agree the bedroom scene was very explicit, and may not have anything to do with the plot, however, there is a lot of that activity in her books. Altho I don't remember that exact scene from the first book . . .
Old 04-14-2015, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

I don't understand having bedroom scenes in movies. It doesn't add anything to the plot unless they get killed while undressed. LOL
Old 04-14-2015, 04:41 PM

Yes, I agree, it didn't need to be that graphic but then again, it's on Starz not a network so I guess graphic is to be expected. I DVR it so I can fast forward thru certain bloody or explicit scenes.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:20 AM

I agree, I could have lived without the bedroom scene. When I'm listening to an audio book that gets too explicit I just fast forward until it is over. When I'm reading a book I just flip the pages until I get back to the plot.

That said, I love the casting for Outlander and although it has been several years since I read and/or listened to the books, it seems to be sticking quite well to the original. I do appreciate the little "in depth" thing they do at the end of each episode to explain why they chose to do something. They didn't seem to have an explanation for that opening bedroom scene, though.
Old 04-15-2015, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I don't understand having bedroom scenes in movies. It doesn't add anything to the plot unless they get killed while undressed. LOL

That is my laugh for today! Thanks!
Old 04-15-2015, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by TinkerQuilts View Post
I've read all of Diana Gabaldon's books and loved them, so I'm watching the series on Starz. I agree the bedroom scene was very explicit, and may not have anything to do with the plot, however, there is a lot of that activity in her books. Altho I don't remember that exact scene from the first book . . .
Have not read that author's works........but if I begin to like a series of books and find them getting "heavy" I begin to wonder about the author........and I usually stop reading his/ her offerings
Old 04-15-2015, 01:12 PM

The author, Diana Gabaldon, says this is the story of a marriage, a deep, close marriage of 50 years or so. Sex, she says, is part of the marriage.

I have read all the books, really loved them, and am enjoying the tv series, which, btw, airs on Starz at 9 pm every Saturday (for the next 6 weeks, There will probably be a break until the next season, already contracted.)

If you can't get Starz, they are available on DVD and Blu-Ray from Amazon and other places.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:38 AM

I can get Starz but I'm not willing to pay the subscription rate for a single tv series. I already watch too much tv and would undoubtedly find even more to watch. So I'll just wait for the Watchathons or maybe get the DVDs as they become available. I was really lucky to catch the first 10 through the Watchathon last week.