Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Football Anyone? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/football-anyone-t74694.html)

janRN 11-06-2010 02:35 PM

I get too wrapped up in the game--college or pro--that if I tried sewing while I watched I'd lose my needle, sew something to the couch or cut someone with scissors!! I love football (PennState, Steelers, & Titans) and really really love baseball (my poor pitiful Pirates). My friends know not to call me on Sat or Sun (or Monday night if Pgh is playing).

Ditter43 11-06-2010 02:42 PM

Not me, I'd rather watch cars rust then watch football!! :lol:

cjomomma 11-06-2010 02:56 PM

I only watch high school football only because DD's boyf is a football player and so is his brother. Right now Murray high's team is num1 in the state championship, with 11-0 wins. Go Tigers!!!

maine ladybug 11-06-2010 03:01 PM

I've been watching and going to games my whole life. My Dad loves football and since he had 5 daughters he taught us all about football at a very young age. I even went to a BOSTON Patriots game way before they were the New England Patriots. So, yes, I'll be watching football tomorrow as I do whenever it is on. GO PATS!!!!!

charmpacksplus 11-06-2010 03:07 PM

After last year's big Superbowl win I think everybody in Louisiana is a football fan.... Geaux Saints!

And I just watched LSU beat Alabama!! Geaux Tigers!

(Geaux = Go)

Marlys 11-06-2010 03:23 PM

LOVE Football! I don't watch much college - the players change & I can't keep up with them. I watch the 2 Montana teams and Boise State because my son goes there. But I very seldom miss an NFL game whether my husband is home or not. And it doesn't really matter who is playing - I just like good football! Someday I would like to see a game live.

Rhonda 11-06-2010 03:25 PM

Football and Figure skating and Nascar are my favorite sports. I can't stand baseball probably because I had to play in PE and hated it.

But I do follow the scores and watch the Pro games. I don't much care for college games as the rules are too differant for me to follow. I have the regs down for proball but not college.

I like to watch most of the games and really don't have a favorite. Tho when they added the new teams a few years back it was hard to get into watching them. I know Jaquars was one of the new teams don't really remember who the other were. I do follow the 49ers and the Green Bay Packers. I also like the Dallas Cowboys but I watch all of them, I can usually tell who is playing by the helmets but not always.

I get bored with the first half usually but watch the second half and really enjoy the strategies used. I have played Chess since I was 5 and am fascinated with the strategy that goes on on the football field! Love it when a play works and they run the ball down the field and get a touchdown! I so love it when I see one player from one team help an opposing player up when he has been hit. They are such role models for the young and am so glad most of them know that.

Yes I LOVE watching football!!

KarenSimon 11-06-2010 03:53 PM

DH is NOT a sports (any kind) fan. I love football. Especially the pros. Denver Broncos is my team. Win or lose!

B. Louise 11-06-2010 03:53 PM

Living near Notre Dame, and having coaches' kids in my classes, I've become somewhat of a fan. My DD got me started watching NFL. I enjoy any game, am a Colts fan. I can't buy my grandkids Colts gear because my DSIL is a serious Bears fan. But I like the Colts blue better than the Bears blue.

tolepainter54 11-06-2010 03:56 PM

I love football! I will either sew or paint while it is on.