Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   March 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/march-2013-weight-loss-adventure-prize-t215050.html)

createfourpaws 03-02-2013 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I have jumped on the train for mystery #5, just finished picking my fabrics from my stash. I am also going to be making another one of the 4th mystery. I have a few friends who saw it and liked it and want one also. I will get them done as soon as I can.

I did get the top done of one of the t-shirt quilts I have been working on. And started on the ones for the second person I said I would do this for. Here is the college one I have been working on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399292[/ATTACH]

It is a long queen size, I still have to measure it, and they want a microfiber for the backing. I went looking today and could not find any in the color she wants. I also figured I would check next weekend at the Dallas Quilt show.

createfourpaws 03-02-2013 04:41 PM

We have some who like to send in their FQ's for more than 1 month to save on postage. Those who have not signed up yet but sent in their FQ's I have sent them a PM to remind them to sign up. Just so everyone knows, once I receive your FQ, it does not stay in the orginal evelope so I don't know who sent which one in. I do my best to keep record of who I receive from, just not which one you sent. They then go in one bag for the winner.

In April I will do another 3 months worth of themes so you can send them in if you like. I may try to get them decided by the middle of the month so you can start looking for them.

Some ideas I am kicking around are:

Florals
pastels
purples

Please share some of your ideas of what you want. These are not set yet.

Pete 03-02-2013 04:44 PM

yes to March sign up for weight loss For Feb I lost 3.6 lbs. Thanks for the reminder - have been under the weather.

createfourpaws 03-02-2013 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 5899537)
yes to March sign up for weight loss For Feb I lost 3.6 lbs. Thanks for the reminder - have been under the weather.

Hope you feel better soon. Congrats on your loss

Daisy Dew 03-02-2013 05:50 PM

Yes to March 2013 - been traveling again - can't wait to get home! I'm tired of being stuck and I think I need some routine to get back on track. haven't gained lost a little in Feb but not up to what I wanted to be doing. It's difficult to drink my water/liquid when driving down that ribbon of highway! Tues I should be home for some time (fingers crossed).
Hope y'all have a good month.

Pam H 03-02-2013 07:40 PM

Cindy, your college quilt top is fantastic! I really love it!
I would suggest batiks and black/white for future months.
This is my first day to not see Allie. I am having withdrawal. LOL The other grandparents are here for the weekend so I don't feel I should go over there.
I am also doing the new mystery quilt. My first priority right now has to be my Ireland quilt. What I really want to work on is a baby quilt for Allie. :)

Painiacs 03-02-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy (Post 5894331)
Yep, I'm in again for the month of March. I can do this! I can do this! I CAN DO THIS! If I say it enough maybe my brain will believe it!

im in and agree completely! Someday my body will follow thru! Lol

Painiacs 03-02-2013 10:19 PM

What about baby themed fq? Summer seems like more babies born!!

Painiacs 03-02-2013 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem (Post 5896768)
I'm in again for March. I really want to do better than I have.

Jodi, wow!! Great loss

You too Junebillie and ljs317!!!!

Wow! Congrats you guys! Whats your secrets??? Inquiring minds want to know!! Lol

Painiacs 03-02-2013 10:25 PM

Skipping meals is not good,all it does is slow down metabolism. Body goes into starvation mode. Eat small meals if you cant do 3 meals with 2 snacks. Good luck everyone! Im inspired by some of you!! :-)