Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   My hearts not in it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/my-hearts-not-t138571.html)

EagarBeez 07-18-2011 12:52 PM

My niece is pregnant again. Seems every 2 years or just about she has another baby. She didn't mention it to me, nor did my sister. I found out through her facebook telling her friends "I'm preggers and loving it"
Well I made baby quilts for the 1st 2, but, I told my DH my heart was not into making anymore. What if she continues having kids?? I would have to keep making baby quilts???
Her and her boyfriend both live with my sister, and I only hear from my sister if there is a problem of some kind. Same with my niece.
I don't care how many children they have...but since I made 2, I felt obligated to make another. My DH told me, why not just get something small.
Do you think I should just get something small??

MissSandra 07-18-2011 12:54 PM

go to ebay and buy a quilt already made. you can get some great buys. and no one but you will know. then work on what you truly enjoy

leiladylei54 07-18-2011 12:59 PM

If you feel compelled, then go and buy a pre-quilted baby panel and all you have to do is bind it. I think they cost about $10 for a panel here and you can even go with pre-made binding, too. Should probably take two packages of the pre-made binding. It should be a fast project and not much work involved.

donnajean 07-18-2011 12:59 PM

I can relate! I only hear from my nieces when they think they deserve presents. I can't get excited when they choose to have babies out of wedlock. I just feel bad for the babies as I know the fathers will not be around long.

donnajean 07-18-2011 01:00 PM

I can relate! I only hear from my nieces when they think they deserve presents. I can't get excited when they choose to have babies out of wedlock. I just feel bad for the babies as I know the fathers will not be around long.

mizkyp 07-18-2011 01:01 PM

Your gift your choice. Do what u feel like doing?

Zhillslady 07-18-2011 01:09 PM

I decided this year that I absolutely will no longer feel obligated to buy gifts. My family lives within 20 miles and no one talks to me unless it's go handle a problem they can't resolve. I haven't heard from any of them in months and this year I sent no gifts, cards, etc. except to my daughter and son in law who are staying with me while my daughter looks for a job. I had to ask myself - when did giving gifts become a requirement?

ckcowl 07-18-2011 01:10 PM

you know- a gift should come from the heart- and be something you want to give- if it's not heart felt why would you bother?
quilting is a wonderful hobby and most of us make quilts to give away- but only to those we want to give them to.

Greenheron 07-18-2011 01:16 PM

The quilt is for the baby.......

valsma 07-18-2011 01:18 PM

If you really must make her something do like I do when I really don't want to make a baby quilt for the person. Buy a pre-quilted panel and some binding. You can get it over quickly. I have nephews (so far) who that is the only time we hear from them.