Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Thrift Shops... Gotta love them!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/thrift-shops-gotta-love-them-t120995.html)

Zappycat 05-05-2011 07:36 AM

Today was my day off, and also half price week at the local thrift shop! Of course, I couldn't stay away! I spent less that $10 and came away with a 7 paperbook books, a book about patchwork quilting (old but still good!), 2 craft patterns, 3 bags of polyfil stuffing (one of the reasons I always go!) and a BIG roll of plush felt... must be at least 7 yards! It was $2.50!! A good day of thrift shop shopping!! YEY!!

Anyone else have any awesome bargains they want to tell us about!?

Grama Lehr 05-05-2011 07:37 AM

I only wish. . . . .

Ramona Byrd 05-05-2011 08:05 AM

Only thing I came away with yesterday was a lovely, butter soft leather jacket with a style I'd never have been able to afford new~~and it was only $2.98!!! And it fit beautifully, which is rather difficult with small waist, big boobs and batwing under arms!!
Have to go out of town to get fabrics and such in thrift shops. And those Feather Weights...ah, they are to dream about. Never around here, and what is there have almost new prices on them.

mommafank 05-05-2011 08:07 AM

I love my thrift stores. I got a huge bag of fabric recently for 4.00. I ususally find at least one little piece to buy for pennies. Best haul was 13 yards of 90 inch good muslin for 4.00.

fabrichore 05-05-2011 08:08 AM

awesome finds...

bluteddi 05-05-2011 08:47 AM

thrift store are my MALL!! every brand and odd and end u can imagine!!

CarrieAnne 05-05-2011 08:48 AM

great finds! Havent been to any lately!

sall 05-05-2011 08:52 AM

I wish we had such shops here in Uk. We have charity shops, which I think are the same, but I have never seen fabric of any kind. It is mainly clothes and bric a brac. We do not have garage sales, but we do have car boot sales, I have been to a couple but they start so early in the morning, and I have never seen any sort of fabric at these either

Zappycat 05-05-2011 09:16 AM

Oh, I forgot... in my haul for under $10, I also got an old deluxe Scrabb;e game with a revolving turntable, very cool... I will give it to my sister for her vacation house and another educational game that I will send to my daughter's school. She goes to a special school for handicapped kids and this game is a bingo game with animal sounds. The bingo cards just have pictures of animals, no words, and it comes with a cassette tape of animal sounds. I think the teacher will be happy with it... and if not, what the heck, it was only $1!!

MaryStoaks 05-05-2011 09:20 AM

Yesterday I found 17 yards of nice quilting fabric for $17 at a thrift store. I hadn't been to this store for months because I don't really need any more fabric. I just couldn't resist! :oops: