Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Runway Question

Banned

Project Runway Question

I know there must be some Project Runway fans on here. I have a question about one of the machines that the older lady, Andrea, was trying to thread on Thursday's show. It looked like a serger, but it was called something that started with a "b". Burrower, borer, ? Anybody catch that and know what the machine is for?

Blog Entries
    Saw that ..wondered the same thing...and some of their clothes were disasters last night..especially the frumpy one they called it..I wasn't impressed with any of them...but watch every week...LOL

Blog Entries

project Runway

I'm a long time "Project Runway" watcher. I started watching in Season 1. It is the only t.v show that I really watch.
    I heard the comment last night. They didn't give a very good shoot of the machine. It sounded like some kind of serger.
    Your question is worth sending to their website.

Blog Entries
    I LOVE Project Runway! I haven't gotten to see any of the new episodes this season yet. But I have them saved on my DVR. Maybe this weekend. . ..
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Don't watch the show but there is a blindstitch machine. Babylock put one out years ago.

Banned
    I get these things in my brain and can't let go until I get the answer. I fast forwarded the episode on the website and they're saying "marrow" and "marrowing". So, I looked that up and found my answer. It's a Merrow sewing machine. From the show, it seems their well known in the design world if their making verbs out of the name. I went to the Merrow website and each machine is designed for one or two specialty stitches and the lowest price is $2650.00.

I have watched almost all of the seasons..but this one I just can't get into. I will probably skip this season. The people seem so odd this time around.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Brother has the exclusive license for Project Runway machines. The only types of machines in the "Project Runway Line" are sewing machines and one serger.
    https://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewi...y&WT.svl=news2
    The Earth without art is just "Eh".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Brother has the exclusive license for Project Runway machines. The only types of machines in the "Project Runway Line" are sewing machines and one serger.
    https://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewi...y&WT.svl=news2
    I believe that the machines that are used on the show are industrial machines, not the machines for home use.
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Blog Entries
    I love Project Runway, I have been watching since Season1 also. Why are the participants getting weirder and weirder do you suppose. Are they really more talented, or do they choose them to attract more attention (viewers). They guy who won last night really should be the winner this season, so far all his items have been gorgeous. Thanks for letting us know what a marrow is. I thought it was some type of serger.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast