Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Questions about portable music?? >

Questions about portable music??

Questions about portable music??

Old 10-13-2015, 06:35 PM

Default Questions about portable music??

Okay ladies...I know just enough to be confused! Right now I have all of my music on my computer(Spotify)...works well for close to the house. I have long cables on my speakers and just stick them out on the deck...
I need to know how to get it on some device that I can take it out in the garden with me..and I cannot stand earbuds or headphones. It needs to be a device that would be loud enough that I could walk 15 or 20 feet away and still hear it. Is this even possible?
It has to be possible! I just don't have a clue where to start...any help will be appreciated! Thanks, Donna
Old 10-13-2015, 08:55 PM

My DH has an MP3 player and we have a portable speaker that we can plug into it directly. It is not like listening to our stereo, but it does great when we are staying in a hotel while traveling. I got it when we were in Yosemite 2 years ago and our radio/stereo went out in our truck and we couldn't stand the idea of driving 8 hours home without any music. There are several types. I bought it at a CVS drug store in Oakhurst. My selection was limited but I know there are a lot out there. My husband was surprised the sound wasn't that bad and it all runs on batteries.

Since there are wireless head phones I am sure there are wireless speakers out there too. Check with Best Buy and see what they can tell you.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 10-13-2015 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Another thought
Old 10-13-2015, 10:58 PM

I have an iPod and a SoundDock® Series III by Bose to listen to my music around the house or outside.
The sound is amazing that comes through those small speakers.
Old 10-14-2015, 06:08 AM

I have an iPod and the Bose Mini Speaker, it's about $200. but the sound is amazing. It's portable, you can take it any where you want music. I bought cheaper speakers at various stores, I tried 3 kinds and took them all back. They were awful sounding and some just had a lot of static.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM

I have an IPOD on a sounddock type radio for down in my sewing room. It can get quite loud for when I have the quilt machine running so I can listen to it. I also have a set of portable speakers I bought years ago for my portable CD player which I haven't used in years now. Plus I added a small radio with a IPOD dock for the kitchen when I stuck up there for whatever reason. Then of course I have a setup for the car too when I'm on long trips. Made sure when I changed cars years ago it had the ability for "AUX" to plug my IPOD into and I have a holder that sticks to the windshield. Have one also for my GPS too. The holder I got for the IPOD also can hold a cell phone too as it adjusts to width.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

Does your computer have Bluetooth?? I bought a Jam portable speaker that I use with my Android tablet. Bought it at Walmart.
Old 10-14-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by rjwilder View Post
I have an iPod and the Bose Mini Speaker, it's about $200. but the sound is amazing. It's portable, you can take it any where you want music. I bought cheaper speakers at various stores, I tried 3 kinds and took them all back. They were awful sounding and some just had a lot of static.
I also use an IPod and. "Bullet" speaker that I got for $20 at Walmart that DH uses for working on the car. It is all rechargeable so no plug in needed. That little speaker is loud enough to hear throughout the house. Watch out for the "pretty ones" Walmart sells. Most of those are not loud enough to hear across the room.
Old 10-14-2015, 12:35 PM

Thanks for all of the help! Just what I wanted to know to get me started..have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:58 PM

[QUOTE=donna13350;7344850]Okay ladies...I know just enough to be confused! Right now I have all of my music on my computer(Spotify)...works well for close to the house. I have long cables on my speakers and just stick them out on the deck...
I need to know how to get it on some device that I can take it out in the garden with me..and I cannot stand earbuds or headphones. It needs to be a device that would be loud enough that I could walk 15 or 20 feet away and still hear it. Is this even possible?
It has to be possible! I just don't have a clue where to start...any help will be appreciated! Thanks, Donna[/QUOTE

Ipod and Bluetooth, I have the monster speaker works awesome
Old 10-15-2015, 02:49 AM

I love my mini portable speaker. $20 @ Walmart. The reviews are stellar!

they are like cated in electronics pegged.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/iHome-Crys...olors/16472510

Sandy
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg