Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Sister Wives

Blog Entries
    Anybody else watching? I find it absolutely fascinating!!

I watch, too.

Yes, I watch it too - I also find it fascinating.

Blog Entries
    No not me. If I'm not mistaken, it's the series where he has more than one wife. (She comes with a bonus package, her sisters are included too).

I usually like to share, but not my hubby, here I am very selfish.

I don't....I do NOT want to encourage anyone who is not abiding by the law.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovingmama
    No not me. If I'm not mistaken, it's the series where he has more than one wife. (She comes with a bonus package, her sisters are included too).
    They aren't actual sisters (at least not this family). It's just the term the wives use for each other.

I watch...but it's a guilty pleasure for sure. I still don't get what's in it for the women.

I watch and agree, no sharing BUT.....

Showing my ignorance here. He is legally married to the first one. The other three are the cake and icing. Not understanding the law, isn't this their private life? Why is this not seen as him having a wife and the wife agreeing to him having 3 live-in girlfriends? Yeah, he is re-populating the world. But isn't that a private matter? As far as I know, he is not claiming the "wives" as dependants so what laws are they actually breaking?

Like I said, I would never share, but how is this different from a guy having a mistress who doesn't live with him vs. a "wife" who does and the real wife doesn't mind? Educate me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cizzors
    I watch and agree, no sharing BUT.....

Showing my ignorance here. He is legally married to the first one. The other three are the cake and icing. Not understanding the law, isn't this their private life? Why is this not seen as him having a wife and the wife agreeing to him having 3 live-in girlfriends? Yeah, he is re-populating the world. But isn't that a private matter? As far as I know, he is not claiming the "wives" as dependants so what laws are they actually breaking?

Like I said, I would never share, but how is this different from a guy having a mistress who doesn't live with him vs. a "wife" who does and the real wife doesn't mind? Educate me.
    Yes, he is legally married to the first wife, but not the others. I ask the same questions.

Blog Entries
    Will I open a can of worms if I ask what right does the government have to say that polygamy is wrong?

Page 1 of 14 1 2 11 ... LastLast