Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: SMART fortwo car...do you have one?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,929
    Blog Entries
    1
    with gas like it is, I am thinking I need something more economical as I have to run all over town all day between clients...some days it takes up to 1/2 tank of gas in my mini van!

    http://www.smartusa.com/models/passi.../overview.aspx

    They have these over in Tulsa and I found out I can have the cutest WRAP put on it too....BUT, need more info on them. I can not just jet over to Tulsa (a 2.5 hours drive) to test one right now....

    if you have one, or have been in one, please tell me what you think/thought about it!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Super Member feline fanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    6,786
    I don't have one and don't know too much about them except when I was in Europe 4 years ago, they were all over the place. Very popular car in Europe.

  3. #3
    Super Member Grama Lehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    5,045
    They are more and more of them on the road in So Cal! Cute for buzzing around town, but I would go very far with it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    86
    Have a friend who has one. They love it. We are thinking on getting on in a couple of years when my car is paid off. We have to see how they ride and perform. Mybe I will trade my car in for one sooner than we thought because of the gas prices.

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,237
    I sure do not want a Smart Car. I would feel safer on a
    bicycle. There is nothing in the front for protection.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,929
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    I sure do not want a Smart Car. I would feel safer on a
    bicycle. There is nothing in the front for protection.
    from some of the "fender benders" I have seen around here lately NOTHING gives you any protection now....especially not the FENDERS!

  7. #7
    Super Member greenini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    1,543
    Blog Entries
    16
    Frankly, they look like a roller skate to me. I would be very reluctant to drive one in heavy traffic. I would look for a small economical regular car if it were me such as a Corrolla, a Kia or a Focus. Your timing is great as the April issue of Consumer Reports is all about cars and you ought to be able to get it at your library. I would look it up for you, but just realized we didn't get that issue, so must call them and get it sent out.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,929
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by greenini
    Frankly, they look like a roller skate to me. I would be very reluctant to drive one in heavy traffic. I would look for a small economical regular car if it were me such as a Corrolla, a Kia or a Focus. Your timing is great as the April issue of Consumer Reports is all about cars and you ought to be able to get it at your library. I would look it up for you, but just realized we didn't get that issue, so must call them and get it sent out.
    the Kia and the Focus both get poor MPG ratings...the Corrolla is out of my price range and hard to find in rural OK...we have about 30 Smarties here in town now...thinking I might end up with the Cobalt or Aveo...sigh...had my heart set on a red camaro..but alas...

  9. #9
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,046
    Go for the red Camaro--just kidding but I'd love one!! My neighbor has a SmartCar; it's really cute but after riding around the neighborhood (no traffic) I would never own one. There is nothing behind you except the hatch back/rear window. If you were hit from behind even at a low speed, there is NO protection, just your seat back. Also since they're so small, trucks and large SUVs just don't see you. But the neighbor loves it and drives it in traffic without fear. Check out the new Ford Fiesta-we just got DGS one to drive to college--all the safety features, 30-40mpg, and really cute. (Not as cute as a Camaro...)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Enid, OK
    Posts
    8,929
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Go for the red Camaro--just kidding but I'd love one!! My neighbor has a SmartCar; it's really cute but after riding around the neighborhood (no traffic) I would never own one. There is nothing behind you except the hatch back/rear window. If you were hit from behind even at a low speed, there is NO protection, just your seat back. Also since they're so small, trucks and large SUVs just don't see you. But the neighbor loves it and drives it in traffic without fear. Check out the new Ford Fiesta-we just got DGS one to drive to college--all the safety features, 30-40mpg, and really cute. (Not as cute as a Camaro...)
    I did see the Ford Fiesta gets great MPG ratings...might have to try one of those on for grins as well....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.