Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: strange email

Several people have received these on my genealogy forum.

Its a SCAM....

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion
    I just got a strange email to my regular address; from Harriet Carpanini. Saying they were on vacation and were mugged and need money to pay their hotel bills and such. Has anyone else gotten this? I don't know how she would have gotten my address.
    OMG. It is definitely a scam. I ran into that last summer with a desperate sounding email supposedly from my newest dearest friend. I won't go into all of the details but I caught it in time & was able to save my $. The person in London was red hot angry when he tried to pick up the $ at Western Union but found I had cancelled it. Boy, was he angry. I emailed him back & told him I had turned over all of his emails to the FBI & they were looking into it. Of course I didn't but had to try to scare him a bit.

For a smart girl, I sure fell for this thinking my friend was in trouble. I think I was at a very vulnerable time of my life & wanted to help my friend. This scammer had cracked into my friend's acct. & had done the same thing to sev. of her friends.

I'm really embarrassed that I went so far. I'm usually smarter than that.

BIG TIME SCAM.

A long time ago from my grandson. My grandson is not quite 5. Delete, delete, delete.

OMG! This is a major scam. My friend received a collect call from Europe and she did accept it because she had a friend vacationing there, and this person said they needed money to get back to the US. She called the local police and they told her it was a scam.

Blog Entries
    It's a well know SCAM!!!!! forget it! better yet call that FRIEND and ask her?????

Send it to the virus people and they will check it out. Just put virus n Hoaxes in you search box and they will all pop up. You only need to send it to one of them and they know what to do.

Yes, different. Used a Denver sewing website.

There is another topic here about a mom getting scammed it's the same thing. It's happened to me twice with two people in my email address book. I'm assuming that it starts out on Facebook.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast