Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tell us what you're reading...

Tell us what you're reading...

I am an avid reader and I always like to know what other people are reading. I like non-fiction and I read a lot of history. At the moment I am reading Team of Rivals for the 2nd time lol. With the nice weather finally here I have been spending a lot of time outdoors so usually only read at bedtime. I do have one fiction series that I have been reading for years - The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. LOVE Jamie & Claire!! Waiting patiently for newest book to be released - usually takes 3 years between books and new one is due in the Fall I believe. Anyway - let us know whats on your bookshelf - its nice to have someone recommend a new story! Thanks
    Like the moon, and the stars, and the sun - yeah we all shine on.

Right now I'm hooked on a mystery series with the lead character of Gideon Oliver. He's a forensic archeologist The author is Aaron Elkins.
    I promise not to buy any more fabric until I see something I really like. Or it's on sale. Or I think it might match something.

"Kanner Lake Series" by Brandilyn Collins. Christian fiction/mystery

Recently I bought the complete set of the Old West Series by Time Life at an auction, so I've been reading through them.

I'm reading the General Chit-Chat forum on the Quilting Board (Sorry, I couldn't resist!)

Blog Entries
    I'm reading the biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer by Eric Metaxas... fascinating, especially if you love history. I've also started Signature in the Cell by Stephen C. Meyer. I've barely begun this book, but I think it's going to be very interesting, too...
    "... let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

Other than reading the quilt board, I don't read much. When I do read I read no-fiction, newspapers, and magazine articles. I use to read more. I use my spare time for making quilts. My Husband reads a lot. He has no hobbies. Daughter and Son both are readers. I read to our kids when they were young.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    I am re-reading When Chr ist and his Sai nts Slept by Sharon Kay Penman about Henry I and his dtr Maude and her cousin Stephen who stole her crown before she could get to it. And all the wars that followed that. I'm wearing my wrist braces on both wrists because it's a big book.

Power Poster
    Reading a true account of a woman's struggle to have a child. The title is Bringing in Finn by Sara Connell.

I am reading Calico Joe by John Grisham. Calico Joe is a baseball player.
    Linda

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast