Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Locks of Love

Locks of Love

Hi everyone, just wanted to share this pic of myself, cut my hair today, and it is being donated to Locks of Love! Hopefully it will make a sick child very happy someday! Quilty hugs to all!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Blog Entries
    what a wonderful thing to do.
    D
    When life gives you scraps, make a quilt.

Power Poster
    I wish they had this when I cut my waist length hair years ago. I keep it trimmed now especially with summer weather coming. Someone will appreciate your donation!

How sweet of you!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Wonderful! I only have 2-3" until mine is long enough to donate again Pantene's program has a shorter length requirement so I am temped to do it sooner - I hate when my hair gets really long, it is so much more wok to keep up with!

Howdy Neighbor! Looking good!! such a nice thing to do.
    Alyce

Quote Originally Posted by sarahspins View Post
    Wonderful! I only have 2-3" until mine is long enough to donate again Pantene's program has a shorter length requirement so I am temped to do it sooner - I hate when my hair gets really long, it is so much more wok to keep up with!
    Yes, it is a pain, I will not miss washing all that, and combing it out! I didn't know about the Pantene program, Locks of Love wants 10 inches, I grew it for a couple of years. Don't know if I'll do that again, I'm getting too old for all that!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

yel
    Blog Entries
    nice quilt on the back of the couch

Blog Entries
    Wish that you could have shown us a "before" picture. My DD donated to LOL twice when she was younger. Now she keeps it fairly short.
    Nikki in MO

Blog Entries
    You look much cooler--and ready for summer. What a generous thing you have done! I'm sure that it is appreciated.
    Sue

You are wonderful

What a wonderful thing to do! My 3 girls have done that multiple times. My hair does not grow fast enough for that myself!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!

The world needs more people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
    I didn't know about the Pantene program, Locks of Love wants 10 inches, I grew it for a couple of years.
    Pantene only requires 8". To be honest I have 10" I could cut off now and I've only been growing mine out with the intent to donate it for about 18 months. It's halfway down my back now but I don't want it super short when I cut it off... because of my job I prefer to be able to pull my hair into a ponytail without a lot of flyaways.

Blog Entries
    it's a wonderful thing to do! i usually let my hair grow to my waist and then cut it. since my hair is so thin, i'm saving the first 2 cuts to add to the present one that is half grown. then it should make a nice full wig.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

How nice! That will be greatly appreciated by someone. My 11 year old granddaughter has donated hair twice and is growing it out for a third time to donate again!

That's great my daughter did that too
    *Rachel*

Blog Entries
    donated 15 inches when i finally cut my hair....does give you a good feeling ...

Good for you! I did that once also. It feels good to give, doesn't it? Beautiful quilt on the back of your sofa too!

Blog Entries
    Awe I did this with two of my daughters hair. They love donating it.
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    My granddaughters do this once a year . .they let their hair grow all year long then in June go in and have it cut and donated to Locks of Love. I think its a great thing to do .. Wish my hair would that fast and I would donate it grey, silver and white all to them !LOL ..
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Good for you! It will be appreciated. looks like you have a healthy head of hair. Beautiful color. And may I add, I love your quilt in the background on your sofa.

I love your story - you have beautiful hair and I think you look great with short hair. I am thinking of doing this myself - my hair is down to my booty now - mine does not grow fast - never had it this long - but I think this would be a good way to get my haircut and do good at the same time. Thanks for the inspiration.

Love your new style and the donation will make a beautiful hairpiece for a person in need. Very thoughtful!

I don't think mine would ever grow long enough to make a donation!! It gets very thin and scraggly past my shoulders. Every spring I have to decide for the summer weather, long enough to pull back with an elastic or short enough to stay off the neck? This year I went with short.

The new haircut looks great on you!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast