Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We pay for T.V. service and nothing on >

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

Old 10-01-2010, 05:42 AM

my favorites are USA and TNT and can always find something on ION...but I like investigative shows...
Old 10-01-2010, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by twistedsheets
Notice we now have to pay some type of cable or satelite service , and they are really getting outrageous on their prices. And yet their is really nothing worth watching! The weekends are the worst!! And a lot of channels just keep reshowing the same programs all day long! And even , tho I do not subscribe for the movie channels, in the channel guide even those list the same movies all month long! What gives with that! Glad I don't pay for those!! T.V. I am beginning to wonder if I can do without! I depend on the news and like to see their video news coverage, but I am seriously considering turning off service. And I noticed my radio doesn't bring in a descent signal anymore. Will we be all forced to subscribe to Syrius Radio and such and pay to listen to that now! Just my thoughts!!
my sentiments exactly, sadly have to pay as can get basic channels even due to lack of reception; virtually ALL tv over here are repeats except a once in a while newthere is a a programme which is then repeated to death. They have decided to axe several decent programmes and when there is something decent on there is on several channels at the same time GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
I agree, tv is really going downhill. I don't care to see other peoples messes(hoarders) or some guy named Billy chasing vermin when he looks like he could be one or a foul mouthed old drunk running a bar with less efficiency than she's using to run down her son. I don't care for the heavily scripted fake reality shows like Survivor. There are a few shows I like but even they seem to get stale after a few episodes. When I watch tv I want to be entertained, I want to escape the reality of day to day living--not have someone else's day to day living piped into my home. So, mostly I turn it off or watch the history channel or the discovery channel.
History Channel and Discovery are also what I watch a lot of, when I'm home. We also have the Sirius music stations through our Dish network, so if I find nothing in the selections available to watch, I have my choice of music - and I usually go for the Oldies rock'n'roll or most any of the country stations.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM

watching ghost hunters international now. Set the dvr to record Stir of Echoes: The Homecoming on sci-fi as I doubt I will stay up to watch the whole thing. Can play and watch tomorrow with my coffee!!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
But tina, how is the reception??
Imy place is beneath a small hill, I don't get good reception on the cell phone, wonder how the reception for an antenna will be like,

and yes the cable, satellite and the other one, they all give a bunch of channels we don't watch. I accidentally got onto a contract with this cable here in Raleigh, but when it is over, I plan to cancel cable, keep Road runner(online computer, etc) and get me an antenna, and just use hulu. and can get the various channels online to watch the shows! got netflix too, can rent from redbox too! so whats the problem?? Me!
My reception is okay, I get what I need. The channels vary from the front of my house to the back. I live on top of a hill. You'd think I'd get more channels but, alas, I just get a few. It's enough though, with DVDs and the internet filling in the gaps.