Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
We pay for T.V. service and nothing on >

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

We pay for T.V. service and nothing on

Old 09-29-2010, 07:22 AM

I SO agree with the opinion of 95% of everything on TV is junk, but what really gets me is all of the shows on that are those stupid infomercials! I can't stand to have those on for more than 2 seconds. And we are PAYING to watch someone try to sell us their junk!
Old 09-29-2010, 10:20 AM

We go through the channel guide and record things that we might like then we can skip all the commercials and delete anything we dont like to watch but you are right there is nothing on tv anymore.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:44 AM

We had to get sat. tv when we moved to oregon. Still have it now that we are back in slc. Only because my husband likes to watch boxing, football and the news. I think they charge much to much for what you get. I especially hate all the shopping channels. One should be able to opt out of stuff that you don't watch and choose what you want instead of so many channels that are not used.
Old 09-29-2010, 10:56 AM

Seemed like the moment I realized Iron Chef was on Sunday nights work stopped scheduling me to have Sundays off. I hardly watch TV either. Nothing really on that suits my fancy. Other than maybe the Food Network, every Monday I'll watch the new episode of Adeventure Time with my brother.

I know what you mean with the re-runs. My mom and her boyfriend watch Bonanza and one day I noticed it was on, watched 10 seconds of it before I asked, "Hey, wasn't that episode on yesterday?"
Old 09-29-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by kittycats
We had to get sat. tv when we moved to oregon. Still have it now that we are back in slc. Only because my husband likes to watch boxing, football and the news. I think they charge much to much for what you get. I especially hate all the shopping channels. One should be able to opt out of stuff that you don't watch and choose what you want instead of so many channels that are not used.
You can call the satellite company and ask them how you can remove those channels from your view. I know I ended up doing that when I had satellite service. The woman was super friendly and very helpful.

But yes, way to much to pay it seems.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Banned

we just have reguler tv, we don't have money for anything.
I don't watch tv tell hubby gets home and turn it on. God bless.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:09 AM

I live rural so satellite the only option. I watch just certain channels but Lifetime and Hallmark usually have good programs on weekend. Also enjoy the History channel, Pbs and A & E. Most of the time I can find something wholesome. Don't watch the network reality stuff. I enjoy college football also. Certainly do not watch all the channels but usually can find something. I listen more than watch.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:31 AM

My husband and I made a choice many years ago..........cable is a waste of money. So we have and antennae, with a box that you can automatic adjust from inside the house, and have plenty of things to watch. Now that is not to say when I go to visit and they have diy, and hgtv etc.......we watch like crazy.....then decide.........it makes us lazy. So we do go ont Hulu on the computer/tied into the tv.....if we want to watch something at our time schedule. Works for us.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:07 AM

but what about the reception, yes, I want the antenna and box, but I just want to know about your reception.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:37 AM

I agree with you. I pay more than I should to get service with over 200 channels, and there still is nothing on. I am glad that a new season has started. Hopefully there will be something on or can tape it to watch later.