This Weather!!! :/

Old 01-20-2014, 06:32 PM

Unhappy This Weather!!! :/

I live in California about 50mis north of Santa Barbara. I had to drive down there today. It is a rural drive along the ocean. Now I know you feel sorry for me..haha. It was just horrible. It should be emerald green this time of year then turn to gold in the summer. It is the color of dirt is the only way I can describe it. It looks like if you blew hot breath on the brush it would go up in flames. I watch the news tonight and I hear someone north of St. Louis say it costs him $15 a day to heat his house, that's $450 a month! I think we can count on one hand the number on times we have used our furnace. Our gas bill is $30 mo and that's the stove, water heater, dryer, furnace,, etc. I almost feel guilty for these poor folks back east. Please, please send us some moisture and winter. We are desperate!!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

I saw that California is suffering a drought right now. I think the Army Corp. of Enginners need to engineer a method to store spring flood waters, for drought areas. I think weather extremes are the way the planet is going.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 PM

Wish I could send you some of our 0 degree weather and while we don't currently have feet of snow I know they do around the great lakes, and i'm sure they wish they could share with you too.
I guess we all have our seasonal challenges. Yes high heat bills are part of it too, but what is your ac costing?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

I used to live by the beach, we had electric heat our bill was $800/mo. that was back in 1987.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:37 PM

We are getting part of your drought. We were never semi arid like CA but last year and so far this year we have had very little rain. I am a native CA and I kind of feel like we've slipped down to NO CA. Sure hope we get some rain.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:13 PM

This weather is freaky all over the world! We've had extreme cold and now its back again, we were informed there isa propane shortage! Fires in Australia, earthquakes, unusual tornados , droughts in Calif.... think Gods trying to get our attention??
Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

its crazy everywhere... Lets hope mother nature doesnt get too Cranky this year... We can do without tornadoes !!!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:26 PM

I am in Alabama, I would sure send it to you iffn I could(only cause you asked for it, I don't wish this on anyone). We are going back into the deep freeze tomorrow. High tomorrow 41, tomorrow night 16, next night 24., butttt it has been worse, just a couple weeks ago....lololol.

Good luck love2sew
Old 01-21-2014, 03:14 AM

As someone else mentioned, wouldn't it be the hot tip to take our snow and move it to where it's needed? Here in the east/mid-atlantic, when we get heavy snows there is just no room to put the stuff when parking lots/roads are cleared. I can remember decades ago there was so much snow with no room that Philly was dumping the plowed stuff into the Delaware River until they had dumped so much there it was causing a dam up in the river! Now wouldn't that be useful for the drought areas?

Have been seeing much info on your drought on the news/weather channel lately. It's a horrible situation. Please be safe.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:19 AM

Boy, if I could send you our snow and ice in exchange of seeing the ground I sure would, even though what we have helps the farmers, the lakes and ponds and even the level of the great lakes. My son is in Long Beach and I worry about their water supply and earth quakes! Everyone has different issues. I always say we have ice, snow, unpredictable seasons but we have few tornadoes, earthquakes we can't feel, no seunamies (sorry spelling?), no hurricanes, or volcanoes so we can't complain. I will continue to pray your drought ends soon.